Normally, we see that iPhone and Android users remain loyal to their respective eco-system. In the event of a switch between the two eco-systems, the user faces various challenges. One of the key challenges is transferring your music from Android to iPhone. This is an important concern especially for the younger generation of users. With that in mind, we will look at some of the obvious options for performing this transfer and why they fail to work. We will then shift our attention to the methods that are actually effective in completing the transfer of music from Android to iPhone.
- Part 1. Using iTunes to Transfer Music from Android to iPhone
- Part 2. Using SHAREit App for Music Transfer
- Part 3. Using Streaming Services for Music Transfer
- Part 4. Frequently Asked Questions about Transferring Music from Android to iPhone
1. Using iTunes to Transfer Music from Android to iPhone
Using iTunes is a fairly reliable method to transfer music from your Android phone to iPhone. It requires a computer to serve as an intermediate storage space. That being said, it is not the ideal method. Using this approach can lead to duplication of music that may already be on your iPhone. However there is a way to avoid this problem by using the data transfer tool method which we will explain later. The steps for using the iTunes method are as follows:
- First connect your Android phone to the computer using a data cable or Bluetooth connectivity.
- Using the Windows file explorer, search the directories of your Android phone and locate your music folder.
- Copy your music to a folder on the computer.
- Disconnect the Android phone and connect the destination iPhone.
- iTunes should automatically launch upon connecting the iPhone. If it does not then manually open the iTunes app.
- Open the folder where you saved the music on the computer and from there drag and drop songs of your choice in the songs section of iTunes.
- Now select your iPhone from the side panel if it is not already selected and select the music option.
- From here you can choose to sync the entire music library or select a few songs of your choice.
- After making the desired selection, select the sync button.
- Depending on the number of tracks selected, the synchronization process should complete after some time.
- Once completed, you should be able to access your transferred tracks from the music app on your iPhone.
Note: If you are using a Mac, you would need to install the Android File Transfer tool and use it to transfer music from your Android phone to the Mac. The rest of the process would remain the same.
2. Using SHAREit App for Music Transfer
SHAREit app is a handy way to transfer your music from your Android device to your iPhone. It makes use of Wi-Fi connectivity to carry out the transfer. The steps are as follows:
- Download the SHAREit app on both devices.
- On the Android device, launch the app and tap on the "Send" option.
- Select the music tracks you wish to transfer and select "Next".
- From the menu at the bottom of the screen, select the receiver type as iOS. This will create a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- On the iPhone, go to the Wi-Fi section in Settings and connect to the Wi-Fi Hotspot.
- Launch the SHAREit app on the iPhone and tap on the "Receive" option.
- On the Android device, the iPhone should now be visible. Tap on it to initiate the transfer and, after a while, the transfer should go through.
3. Using Streaming Services for Music Transfer
Technically, it's more of an observation rather than method but it is important nonetheless. These days most people do not save their music on their phones. Instead they use music streaming services like Spotify and SoundCloud. The benefit of using these services is the fact that you can access your music from different devices as your playlist is saved within your account. All you would need to do is install the app of the streaming service on your iPhone and log in. From the app, your playlists would be visible and you can play your music on your iPhone.
4. Frequently Asked Questions about Transferring Music from Android to iPhone
We've received lots of questions about transferring music from Android to iPhone every day and we picked out two most frequently asked. Here are the two questions and our answers for you.
Q1. Why Not Use Bluetooth?
Perhaps the most straightforward method of transferring music, or data in general, is to use the Bluetooth connectivity. Simple and convenient, first you need to pair the devices via Bluetooth. Once that is done, simply select the tracks you want to transfer and tap the share button. This is a great method for devices within the same eco-system but this process simply does not work when it comes to music transfer from Android to iPhone.
The reason behind this lack of functionality stems from the closed nature of Apple's ecosystem. Apple prides itself on creating a strong and secure eco-system comprising of Apple devices exclusively. This means that you cannot pair your Android phone with an iPhone for transferring your tracks.
Q2. Can I Use Move to iOS App for Music Transfer?
NO. Move to iOS is an app designed by Apple specifically for those migrating from Android to iPhones. The app itself is able to transfer data when you are setting up the iPhone so if the iPhone is already set up, either you would need to reset the phone and start over or try a different method. Sadly, this app can only transfer your message history, email accounts, contacts, calendars, camera photos, free apps, and chrome bookmarks. This means that music and rest of the other files are not transferred in this process.
A Tool You May Need: Transfer All Your WhatsApp Data from Android to iPhone
Just as music is an important concern for young people switching from Android to iPhone, WhatsApp data is equally or even more important. So far, the official methods and popular third-party mobile apps do not offer a way to transfer WhatsApp data – including WhatsApp audio and voice messages – from Android to iPhone. iMyFone iTransor Pro is one of the rare tools doing that.
It is a desktop app which transfers WhatsApp data with a 100% guarantee that your data would remain safe and be completely sent. It is simple, easy to use and covers every type of WhatsApp data, including chats, photos, videos, and attachments. Moreover, it is compatible with every type of Android and iOS device.
Here is how you can transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone:
- Download the app to your PC.
- Install the app and launch it. Choose the Transfer WhatsApp option.
- Connect both the Android device and iPhone to PC using USB cables. Don’t forget to Allow access to phone data on the Android device and Trust the PC on your iPhone. Also, remember to turn off Find My iPhone before beginning the process on the iPhone.
- Choose to Transfer WhatsApp between Devices on the app and select the type of WhatsApp you wish to transfer. In this case, you select WhatsApp messenger. Next, you click on Transfer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and wait until the transfer process is completed.
The app will be supporting more types of data transfer from Android to iPhone in the next version. So just stay tuned!
We hope that the above discussion proves to be beneficial for those looking for options on how they can transfer their music from an Android device to an iPhone. Just choose the one you like and get your music transferred from Android to iPhone. Of course if you have any questions or opinions about our suggestions, please kindly leave us a message.