If you have lost your Excel workbook password, you are no doubt looking for a way to remove the password from Excel document or unlock the document. Here we will share with you numerous Excel password remover tools that can help you do both and some are even 100% successful.
Let's begin with online solutions.
Part 1. Excel Password Remover Online
Online Excel password remover tools can be very useful when you've lost or forgotten your Excel password. However, here are some notes you should keep in mind before using an online Excel password remover.
Online tools can be a good way to remove passwords from Excel documents and while they can be very easy to use, there are certain disadvantages that can arise from using these online tools. Some of them include the following:
- The safety of the document and the data on it is not guaranteed. You can't be certain that the document will not remain on the website's server even after the password has been recovered.
- They also don't guarantee that your password will be recovered even after you pay for the service.
- They utilize just one of the many recovery methods and as such the chances of password removal or recovery is not guaranteed.
Some of the most popular online tools include the following:
Like most online Excel password remover tools, Lostmypass is easily accessible online. All you have to do is visit the website, upload the Excel document with the missing password and Lostmypass will work to remove or recover the password.
- It offers a free service that will search through a database of 3 million of the most commonly used password.
- Most online services are provided, including unlock Excel, Word, PDF, PowerPoint files, etc.
- This removal process with the free service is usually successful only 22% of the time.
- The stable network connection is required, or the password removal process may be interrupted due to poor network connection.
Price: From 0 - $49.95
If you are unable to find the password using the free method, then you can choose to use the paid service that has a 61% success rate and will search through a database of more than 20 billion passwords.
Anther reliable Excel password remover online tool is Password-find. With this one, you would also need to upload the document on to the website and Password-find will search through numerous databases to remove the password.
- It has one advantage over other online tools in that it is fast although there is no guarantee that the password will be recovered.
- The successful removal rate for Excel 97-2003 is 100%.
- The successful removal rate for Excel 2007-2019 is only 80%.
- Unlike Lostmypass, it doesn't have a free version and can be a little expensive starting at $19.95.
Part 2. Excel Password Remover Shareware
If online tools are not the ideal solution for you, you may want to consider choosing shareware programs to help you recover the password. You have to download and install the program on your computer, but they often have a higher removal rate and are more secure. Some of the most effective include the following:
1. Passper Excel Password Remover
Passper Excel password remover is by far the best tool for Excel password removal or recovery. It is highly useful because it utilizes the best in advanced technology to remove Excel password to modify with 100% success rate and recover password to open with 4-different attack modes for different variations of the password. Despite its high success rate, it is also very easy to use, useful to you even if you have never used similar software before.
- It is very easy to use, allowing you to remove a password in just a few simple steps.
- It will remove all types of Excel password without affecting the data on the workbook.
- 100% Excel password removal rate is guaranteed for all version of Excel document.
- The password removal process will only last for 3 seconds.
- It is a trustworthy program, iMyFone Passper is highly recommended by Cult of Mac, Makeuseof, Macworld, Payetteforward and most famous websites.
- The Mac version is not released yet.
2. Free Excel & Word Password Remover
Free Excel & Word Password remover is a tool that does just what its name suggests. It is useful for the removal of lost passwords for Excel and Word documents. The program runs on Windows and works by searching for the password from a large dictionary of commonly used passwords, trying to find the different combinations that could make up your password.
- It can remove password for both Excel and Word documents.
- Since it uses a large database of commonly used passwords, it has a high recovery rate.
- The program is free to download, but you have to pay $19 for every password recovered.
- The recovery process can take a very long time, sometimes even days.
Price: $19 per password recovered
3. Excel Password Recovery Lastic
Excel Password Recovery Lastic is a program that can be useful when you lose your Excel password. It can remove Excel password of any length and any complexity. You need to download the program on to your computer and then upload the protected document into the program. The program will then begin to recover the password immediately, displaying it when it's been found.
- It can be used to remove an opening password as well as remove editing restrictions
- It works on all versions of Excel.
- It has a moderate success rate.
- It is expensive as compared to other similar programs.
- It is not clear what recovery method it uses and so the recovery process could take a very long time.
Price: from $29.95 to $59.85
4. iSeePassword Excel Password Remover
This program is the best option when you are looking for an Excel password remover tool that is very easy to use and also highly effective. This tool can help you remove the password or remove editing restrictions without affecting the data on the document. Its high success rate can be attributed to the fact that it utilizes four different attack modes to recover the password.
- It has a very high success rate since it uses 4 different attack modes to recover the password.
- It can be used to remove restrictions on multiple worksheets or workbooks at once.
- It is compatible with all versions of Excel and supports all versions of the Windows OS.
- The monthly subscription price is relatively expensive.
- Its free trial version is very restricted.
Price: from $29.95
5. Excel Password Recovery Master
Excel Password Recovery Master can help you recover lost Excel passwords easily. It supports a wide range of password types and complexities and therefore offers a moderately high rate of success for password recovery.
- It can be used to recover any password on any Excel document regardless of complexity.
- It supports all version of Excel and runs on all versions of Windows including Windows 10.
- The process of password recovery may take a very long time.
- It is not useful for removing restrictions on Excel documents.
Price: from $29.95 to $58.95
6. Passware Excel Key
Passware Excel Key is another simple to use program that can help remove an Excel password. One of its key advantages is the fact that it has a very simple user interface, allowing users to easily recover their password.
- It supports all versions of Excel.
- It can also be used to remove editing restrictions on the document.
- It is very affordable.
- It uses a dictionary method of recovery only which can reduce the chances of recovery.
7. SysTools VBA Password Remover
This is the best Excel Password Remover tool to use if you have multiple passwords that you need to reset at once. That's because it is designed for batch processing, allowing users to unlock multiple passwords at the same time.
- It is completely free to use.
- It can be very useful for batch processing.
- It can only support Excel documents made with up to Excel 2007.
- It can't remove editing restrictions on an Excel document .
8. Asunsoft Excel Password Remover
Like most of the tools mentioned in this article, Asunsoft is a great tool for the recovery of passwords and also remove any restrictions on the document. It has a simple to use interface and it is highly effective but it doesn't support all versions of Excel.
- It can be used to easily recover passwords and remove editing restrictions.
- It is very easy to use.
- Has a free version.
- It may not support all versions of Excel.
Price: from free to $17.95
9. PassFab for Excel
PassFab for Excel is a program that is fast and easy to use, allowing users to remove Excel passwords in just a few simple steps. It is also highly effective in that it utilizes 3 different attack modes to increase the chances of success.
- It is very easy to use and highly successful.
- It supports all versions of Excel and Windows.
- The free trial version of the program is very restricted.
- It can't remove password to edit the Excel sheet/workbook.
Price: from $15.95
Part 3. Excel Password Remover Add-in
There are Add-ins that can be used to recover a password and even remove editing restrictions on the document. The most effective include the following:
1. Password Protection Remover Pro
With this tool added into Excel, you can easily remove a password on any Excel document. It works to remove all types of passwords regardless of complexity or length.
- It is very easy to use; all you have to do is click on the add-in to begin the process.
- It is easily accessible and can remove even the strongest of passwords.
- It doesn't support Excel versions earlier than 2007.
Price: from free to $25
2. Excel Bee Password Remover Macro
This Excel Password Remover tool works to remove Excel passwords using the VBA code. It is however much simpler to use than if you would have to use the VBA code yourself.
- It is completely free to use.
- It allows for the removal of even the most complex passwords.
- It may not be useful for removing editing restrictions
3. Straxx Excel Password Remover
Straxx Excel Password remover can be primarily useful when you are dealing with Excel documents that are protected. This means that it is used for the removal of all restrictions on an Excel document, allowing you to modify at any way you want. To use it, all you have to do is install Straxx on your computer and then add the restricted document into the program.
- It is very easy to use; you can unprotect any Excel document in a single click.
- It is very effective in removing editing restrictions on Excel documents.
- It has a free version.
- It can't be used to recover an Excel opening password.
Price: Free to $28
Part 4. Excel Password Remover Freeware
As the name suggests, Free Word and Excel Password Recovery Wizard is completely free to use. It utilizes two attack modes; brute force and dictionary to try and remove the missing password. It is very easy to install on your computer and even easier to use; all you have to do is upload the protected document into the program and it begins password recovery.
- It is easy to install and use.
- It is completely free to use.
- Password recovery can take a very long time.
Choose the best Excel password remover tool for your needs depending on the password's complexity and length. Don't forget to let us know which method works best for your needs in the comments section below.