Windows 10 password reset tool can be instrumental when you are experiencing some of the common Windows operating system problems. Maybe you have forgotten the administrator’s password or Windows just isn’t functioning correctly. Either way, these tools can help you unlock Windows and get it working correctly again. In this article, we review some of the top Windows 10 Password reset tools in the market.
1. Trinity Rescue Kit
Trinity Rescue Kit is essentially a Windows rescue kit that contains numerous tools including a Windows Password reset tool. You will need to boot the kit on to USB or CD/DVD disc to use it and you can use it to clear the password completely or set a new one.
- It can very easily delete Windows 10 passwords.
- It can also create a new password for any user account.
- You can use Trinity Rescue Kit without access to the user account.
- It user-interface is not graphical and it may therefore be difficult to use for most people.
2. Passper Windows 10 Password Reset Tool
One of the best tools to reset Windows 10 password, Passper Windows 10 Password Reset Tool is 100% successful every time you use. You just need to create a bootable disc on CD/DVD or USB to use. It has a simple user-interface that makes the whole process easy and Passper Windows 10 Password Reset Tool can also be used to remove the password and delete the Windows account.
- It has a 100% success rate; it works every time.
- It can also be used to remove the password entirely or even delete a Windows account.
- It has a very simple and user-friendly interface, making the whole process very easy.
- You can use this program even if you don’t have access to the system.
The following simple steps show you just how easily Passper Windows 10 Password Reset Tool can reset Windows 10 password:
Step 1: Install WinSenior on another accessible computer and open the program. Select the type of bootable disc you want to create (USB or CD/DVD). Insert the disc into the computer and then click “Create” to begin. Remove the disc from the computer once burning is complete.
Step 2: Now insert the bootable disc into the target computer and then enter the boot menu. The program will show you the procedure to do that on your particular model.
Step 3: Once you’ve accessed the system, click on “Reset Windows Password” and click “Next”.
Step 4: Choose the user account whose password you would like to reset and click “Next”. Enter the new password you want to use and click “Reset”.
You should see a notification that the password has been successfully reset. Click “Reboot Computer” and then remove the bootable disk. Reboot the Windows 10 computer again and when it restarts, use the new password to log in to the account.
This free Windows 10 password reset recovery tool is easy to use even for the beginner and will work even when you don’t have access to the computer. All you have to do to use it is to download the ISO image and burn it to CD/DVD or USB and then boot from it. Ophcrack will then detect the user accounts and recover the passwords automatically.
- All passwords are recovered automatically.
- You don’t need to install it on the computer to use it.
- Can’t crack passwords with a length of more than 14 characters.
- The Ophcrack file size is large.
4. Offline NT Password & Registry Editor
This tool is particularly useful when you want to erase the password completely. Like Ophcrack, it works by downloading the ISO file onto bootable media and using it to access the locked Windows 10 system. It however requires some knowledge of command line work and may therefore not be ideal for most users.
- It erases the password from a Windows User account completely.
- It is very fast and can remove the password instantly.
- It can be difficult for the beginner user who is unfamiliar with command line.
5. John the Ripper
This is a free Windows 10 password reset tool that might be useful when you need to reset Windows 10 passwords. It also uses the command line to work and as such may not be the simplest tool to use. It also uses several wordlists that you may have to pay for.
- It is free to download.
- It is small sized download and works very fast.
- It may be complex for the beginner user especially if you are unfamiliar with command prompt.
- The wordlists you need to use it aren’t free.
LCP is a free Windows 10 password reset tool that can also be used to reset Windows passwords. You have to install LCP inside Windows in order to use it, which means you will need access to another user account on Windows other than the one whose password you want to reset.
- It is very easy to install and installs quickly.
- It resets Windows 10 password very quickly.
- It may not work very well on Windows 10.
- The program hasn’t been updated in a while which means it may have some bugs.
- You have to install it in Windows before you can use it, making it a less than ideal solution if you don’t have access to the computer.
7. Tunesbro WinGeeker
Tunesbro WinGeeker claims to help you reset 10 Windows password in just three steps. It has features that can certainly help you do that and it is also very easy to use with a simple to understand graphical interface.
- It can recover both admin and user passwords.
- It supports all versions of Windows including Windows 10.
- Some features are not available on the free trial version.
Kon-Boot is another free Windows 10 password reset tool that can help you reset Windows 10 password. To use it, you must burn the program on a disc such as a USB or CD/DVD and then use it to boot Windows. It is a fast program although it may not work very well for Windows 8 and Windows 10.
- It is one of the easiest and fastest solutions to reset a Windows Password.
- You don’t have to install the software on to the computer to use it.
- It won’t work on 64-bit systems.
9. Active Password Changer Professional
Active Password Changer Professional is an easy to use program that can be used to reset Windows 10 password. It is a paid tool and gets to work recovering the password in a just a few seconds.
- It has a very high rate of success.
- It has a very simple user interface making it very easy to use even for a beginner.
- There is a free trial version but it very limited in capability.
- At $49.95, it is a little bit pricey as compared to other similar tools.
10. PC Unlocker
As the name suggests, PC Unlocker can easily get you into your locked Windows 10 system regardless of any circumstances that got you locked out. To use it, you’ll have to create a bootable drive on an accessible computer and use it to access the locked computer’s boot menu.
- It has a very high recovery rate and rarely fails.
- It is very easy to use with a very user-friendly interface.
- It is compatible with all versions of Windows including Windows 10.
- The free version is very limited in terms of features.
Anytime you find yourself locked out of your Windows 10 computer, you can use one of the above windows 10 password reset tools to reset the password and gain access into the system. We encourage you to choose the solution that works best for your particular needs and share your thoughts with us on the most effective solution in the comments section below.