Word Password remover is what we search for when we encounter a password protected Word document and we either don’t remember the password or don’t know the password. This kind of software can remove passwords to open the document or passwords to modify the document. In this article, we take a look at these Word password remover software and how they work.
1. Word Password Remover That Can Remove Password to Open and Modify
The following are the top Word password removers that you can use to remove the opening password and modifying password on a Word document:
1.1 Passper Word Password Remover
Passper Word Password Remover is one of the best password removal tools for Word document. It combines efficiency and ease of use to produce a tool that will remove Word passwords in a single click. It is useful for all versions of Word and can decrypt even the most complex passwords.
- It uses 4 different attack modes to help increase the chances of removal for opening password regardless of the complexity.
- It is very easy to use, allowing users to remove restrictions in a single click.
- The removal rate for modifying password is 100%.
- The removal process can be saved at any time you want.
- The Mac version is still not released.
1.2 Word Password Recovery Master
Word Password Recovery Master is a free tool that you can use to remove Word opening password and remove editing restrictions. It is proved to be useful for most Word documents although there was some difficulty cracking Word passwords from Word 2007-2013.
- It has a simple user interface, making it easy to use.
- Contains features found on some paid programs.
- Might install very slowly.
- It doesn’t work for Word 2007-2013.
2. Word Password Remover That Can Only Remove Password to Open
This next set of Word password remover can only remove the opening password from a Word document.
2.1 Passfab for Word
Passfab for Word is a Word file password remover tool that can allow you to easily unlock a protected Word document. It utilizes multiple attack modes to find the password, thereby reducing the time it takes to recover the password.
- It uses 3 different recovery modes to increase chances of password removal speed.
- It is very easy to use.
- Supports all versions of Word including Word 2016 and 2013.
- It is not available for Mac.
- The free trial version is limited.
- Cannot remove modifying password from Word file.
This is a free Word password remover that guarantees the removal of the opening password from the document. Unlike most other tools that use attack modes to find the password, this one will actually attempt to decrypt the password directly. The main drawback of this method is, although the process will always be successful, it can take up to 10 days to complete.
- It will work regardless of password length and complexity.
- It is very easy to use; there are no complicated steps to follow.
- It takes a very long time to remove the password.
- It will only work for older versions of Word.
- It has no graphical user interface and may be confusing at first.
2.3 SmartKey Office Password Recovery
This is another very easy-to-use Word password remover tool you can try. It is very easy to use thanks to its well-designed and responsive interface. It utilizes the most advanced technology to increase the chances of password removal in the shortest time possible.
- It can remove passwords for all versions of Word.
- It utilizes 3 modes of attack to increase the chances of recovery.
- You have to purchase the premium version to gain access to most of its features.
This is perhaps the simplest a free Word password remover on this list. It is free, easy to use and has a relatively high rate of success. To use it, all you have to do is select an alphabet and the program gets to work recovering the Word password. The only downside of using CrackIt is that it can only work with older versions of Word, particularly Word 97 and 2000.
- It is a very simple and straightforward tool to use.
- It is free.
- It offers multiple options for the removal of the password.
- You don’t need to install it on your computer to use it.
- It doesn’t work on newer versions of Word.
- Hasn’t been updated in a long time.
The above Word password remover tools are all designed to help you gain access to a Word document that is encrypted. Some of these tools are more reliable and effective than others and it is up to you to choose the best tool for your needs.