Most iOS users do not care about backup until the inevitable happens. The loss of your device or faulty device can hurt more than you think. Your music files and others could get lost. That is not something to take for granted. You want to secure your iTunes music library, right? You need to quickly follow the methods in this piece if you are to save yourself the pain of losing your favorite music. Let us begin with a third-party software program that users are finding very useful to secure their iTunes music library.
- Solution 1: Backup iTunes Music Library with iMyFone TunesMate
- Solution 2: Manually Backup iTunes Music Library
- Solution 3: Backup iTunes library Using Apple’s iTunes match
Solution 1: Backup iTunes Music Library with iMyFone TunesMate
iMyFone TunesMate has been developed to help iPhone/iPod/iPad users manage and secure their iTunes music library by backing up using this software. With TunesMate, your iTunes music library is secured no matter what happens to your device. But, the software can do more than this. Let us examine some other features it has.
Here are the steps of how to use TunesMate to backup iTunes music library from iPhone to PC.
Solution 2: Manually Backup iTunes Music Library
Another method you may use, apart from TunesMate, is the manual method. You will need to understand how the manual one works, but if you do not know how to do this, follow the steps below.
1. Backup iTunes music library to PC
- First, download a local copy of your music to your PC.
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- At the upper left corner, click on File.
- Locate Library in the drop-down menu and click.
- From the resulting menu, select Organize Library.
- Now, tick the Consolidate Files box when the Organize Library window appears.
- Click OK, and you are done.
2. Backup iTunes music library to an external hard disk
This is an option under the above solution 2 that we have been discussing. Yes, you may go further by manually backup your library and media files to an external disk of your choice. Below are the simple steps to take.
- First, exit iTunes.
- Open your device menu and locate iTunes folder.
- Move the iTunes folder from its location to an external drive by dragging it.
- Instantly, you will see your library and media files copy to the drive.
Solution 3: Backup iTunes library Using Apple’s iTunes Match
This is the last solution you may use to backup your iTunes music library. And this solution and it is given directly by Apple. To backup using iTunes match, follow the steps below.
- On your secondary Mac, open iTunes and navigate to the Account menu.
- Sign out of iTunes from the Account menu on your PC .
- When the Match tab appears in iTunes, click on it.
- Choose yearly subscription and enter your Apple details.
- Choose iCloud Music Library to use on your PC.
To backup your iTunes music library, you need these 3 solutions. One of them makes your tasks easier and faster than the others. Find out in this piece.