There can be ample reasons why you want to import photos from iPhone to Mac. From taking a backup before removing your files from your iPhone to freeing space for your never-ending selfies or simply transferring videos and pictures to your Mac to share them with friends over email.
However, if you are new to the world of iPhones and Macs, we are here to help you. No need to get hassled since there are numerous helpful ways and they are all easy to comprehend and perform. In this article, we will explain how to import photos from iPhone to Mac in step by step manner.
- Method 1: How to Import Photos from iPhone to Mac with TunesMate?
- Method 2: How to Import Photos from iPhone to Mac Using the USB Connection?
- Method 3: How to Import Photos from iPhone to Mac Using My Photo Stream?
- Method 4: How to Import Photos from iPhone to Mac Using Image Capture?
- Method 5: How to Import Photos from iPhone to Mac Using Email or iMessage?
Method 1: How to Import Photos from iPhone to Mac with TunesMate
iMyFone TunesMate is a brilliant third-party alternative for iTunes, for Mac and Windows users with iPhones, iPads and iPods. It has been designed by iMyFone and allows you to transfer pictures, music, videos and different types of files from your iPhone to your computer.
Main features of iMyFone TunesMate:
Here’s an easy way to import photos from iPhone to Mac in just one click. Follow the steps below and see for yourself.
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac:
- Import photos to Mac:
- Your import process is complete:
In the first step, launch TunesMate on your Mac and connect your iPhone to it using a USB cable.
Click on “Backup Photos to PC” on the homepage. Browse and pick a target folder for the backed-up photos. Once done, click on “Save” to initiate the back-up process.
As soon as the back-up is complete, a pop-up will appear with the message “back-up successful.” You can click “Open Folder” to view the imported photos or click “OK” to finish the file import process.
Method 2: How to Import Photos from iPhone to Mac Using the USB Connection
To import photos from iPhone to Mac using a USB connection, follow the steps given below:
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac using the USB cable.
- If the photos app doesn’t get launched automatically, open it.
- Select the photos you want to import and click on “Import Selected” or click on “Import New” if you want to import all pictures.
Method 3: How to Import Photos from iPhone to Mac Using My Photo Stream
Photos from your iPhone automatically appear in the Photos app via My Photo Stream feature if you enable the option in your iPhone’s settings. Follow the easy steps given below:
- Open the Settings of your iPhone and navigate to the Photos tab.
- Switch on My Photo Stream.
- On your Mac, open the Photos app and navigate to Photos>Preferences>iCloud> and select My Photo Stream.
- To view your photos, choose My Photo Stream from the sidebar to see your imported pictures on your Mac.
Method 4: How to Import Photos from iPhone to Mac Using Image Capture
If you want an easier option, you can switch to Image Capture to import photos from iPhone to Mac. Using this method, you can choose where you want to save your imported photos on your Mac. Remember – Image Capture is a free of cost app which is preloaded on all MacBook. Follow the below steps using Image Capture:
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac the USB cable and launch Image Capture.
- Select your iPhone device from the list of connected devices.
- Open the drop-down menu beside “Import To” and choose the folder you want to import your photos into.
- Select the photos you wish to import and click on “Import” or “Import All” if you want to transfer all the pictures in one go.
Method 5: How to Import Photos from iPhone to Mac using Email or iMessage
If you are not comfortable using any of the methods mentioned above, here’s the common method to import photos from iPhone to Mac. You can share several photos with your friends and family in one go using Email or iMessage. This is how you can do it:
- Launch the Photos app on your iPhone.
- Click on Albums to open the Albums gallery.
- Pick your target album.
- Click on the Edit button.
- Pick the photos you want to transfer.
- Click on the Share button and select Email or iMessage.
- Using your Email address, send all the photos to yourself.
- Open your Email ID on your Mac and download the photos.