We all know that using iTunes sync to add music to iPod will delete previous songs. Besides, if your iPod is already synced with an iTunes library, iTunes doesn't allow you to download music from other computers without erasing your iPod.
Why You'd Better Transfer Music to iPod without iTunes?
- Using iTunes to add music to iPod will replace the previous music as well.
- Not all the music formats are supported to transferred.
- Sometimes, iTunes may remind you it will erase your iPod when syncing even on the same iTunes library.
- It's easy to run into iTunes unknown errors and hard to get rid of those errors.
- Some songs are not displayable on iPod for unknown reasons.
iTunes is hard to be understood. It is wise to add music to iPod without iTunes.
How to Add Songs to iPod without iTunes
iMyFone TunesMate is the revolutionary iOS transfer tool that allows you to manage music in iPhone or iTunes library from computer. It wants to help you add songs to iPod without iTunes from local computer/iTunes library/external hard drive. With it, you can get rid of iTunes.
- Add songs to iPod without iTunes, old songs won't be deleted.
- Trasnfer songs to iPod from computer/iTunes library/CDs, external hard drive, etc.
- Incompatible music formats will be automatically converted to iPod-supported one when adding.
- Edit music info on iPod, like name, artists, albums, artworks, etc.
- Back up iPod/iTunes music and restore backups without data loss.
- Higly spoken of by lots of users and media.
01 Add Songs to iPod without iTunes from Computer
Step 1: Connect your iPod to your PC or Mac and launch the TunesMate.
Step 2: Click "Music" tab from the top. Tap “Add > Add Folder/File” and go to where you locate the songs. Select them and hit “Open” to add.
- If the music you want to add is not supported by iPod, TunesMate will automatically convert them to a supported one when transferring. So the added music should be playable on iPod.
- Or you can also directly drag and drop the music files from music folder to TunesMate's music window to add music.
02 Add Music to iPod without iTunes from iTunes Library
Of course, moving music from your computer to your iPod is a great option. However, you may also need to move your iTunes music files to iPod.
Step 1: Of course, connect your iPod to computer and launch TunesMate.
Step 2: Go to “Transfer iTunes Media to iDevice”. Make sure the “Music” is ticked. Hit “Transfer” to continue.
This method will add all the songs in iTunes library to iPod. TunesMate will detect music in ipod and library, and only add missing music to iPod.
- You just need to enrich your iTunes library from different iPhone/iPod/iPad by using "Transfer iDevice Media to iTunes".
- Then transfer the iTunes library back to unlimited iDevice by using "Transfer iTunes Media to iDevice". So you can enjoy a large music collection on one device.
It has a free trial. You can download and give it a shot.
iMyFone TunesMate offers a free trial beyond adding songs to iPod without iTunes from your computer. As with iTunes, you may transfer podcasts and playlists as well. You can even transfer audiobooks. Beyond transferring, you can do anything with your iPod that iTunes allows without the restrictions.
Therefore, you can manage your playlists quickly and easily. You may add or delete songs or audio files with one click. And, you never have to worry about duplicate songs again.
There is no longer a need to have five copies of "It's Not Unusual" on the same playlist or even on your iPod in general. You can even rebuild entire iTunes library to make sure everything you want is available at your fingertips.