If you frequently listen to music and dislike the built-in Music app, it’s quite wise to choose an Apple Music app alternative. There are 4 iOS music app alternatives that are available which offer many positive features and work well worth most all Apple iOS-enabled devices.
Top 4 Apple Music App Alternatives for iPhone/iPad
#1 Google Play Music
By installing Google Play Music app you will instantly have access to more than 35 million songs. This is one of the most popular Apple Music app alternative. You can also upload your own music selections and then create multiple playlists on your Apple iOS-enabled mobile device like; iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. With multiple subscription options, you can select a free membership (will have limitations and ads), a single user account or family account. No need to store music on your phone that will use up valuable storage space on your mobile device.
- One of the best iPhone Music app alternative
- Find all your favorite music streaming on YouTube
- Create playlists right on your Apple device from the music you found through the app
- Compatible with Apple mobile devices running on iOS 8.2 or later (Apple iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch)
#2 Musi App
Music App is the most popular Apple Music App alternative among young people. This online streaming music service allows you to instantly access all of the music that can be found on YouTube. Importing songs is extremely easy and each one is marked new with banner until you open it and play it for the first.time on your iPhone. The Musi app displays song title, image and the username who uploaded the song to YouTube originally. Your player controls are also easily accessible within the app like; fast forward, rewind, pause, and play.
- Stream music directly from YouTube
- Easy to create playlists on your iPhone
- Create multiple playlists allowing for continuous playback
- Works on iOS-enabled mobile devices: iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
#3 Rocket Player
Rocket Player is a powerful, yet extremely user-friendly Apple Music app alternative that is available for all Apple iOS-enabled devices like; iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. It is a much more friendly way for users to store the music that they purchase and use it on multiple devices. The music is first uploaded to the cloud and then you create playlists from the music stored. Unlike Apple's iTunes, you have full use of the songs that you purchase and can even share it with family and friends if you so choose.
- User Interface is simple and easy to use
- Cloud-based storage of your purchased music
- Set up and share playlists with friends and family
- Compatible with Apple iOS 8.0 or later
If you prefer minimal types apps then you would absolutely love Ecoute for iOS. This iPhone(iPad) Music app alternative is very stripped down in order in its functionality, while still offering the user enough features to make it useful. It uses the music's artwork to display it on the screen and to make it easy to sort your music. It is able to quickly scan through your purchased music selections in order to find what you are interested in listening to. It can easily be installed on all Apple mobile devices running iOS.
- Compatible with all Apple mobile devices running iOS 8.0 or higher
- Plays your stored music using album cover artwork
- Extremely easy to use minimalist User Interface
- All you stored songs are all readily available through the app
Best iOS Music Sharing App - iMyFone TunesMate
Apart from getting music from app, you can also download music from some popular websites for free, such as Last.fm / purevolume.com / freemusicarchive.org . And then transfer them from computer to your iOS devices. However, it’s much complicated to do this with iTunes.
Once you make your purchase of a song through iTunes you don't actually own the song and are limited in how you are able to use and share the music with other users.
To get around the above limitations, you can install a much more user-friendly app that makes it much easier to transfer music from computer to iDevice and share your purchased music files to your family and friends even with different Apple IDs. The app is called iMyFone TunesMate and it is far superior to any other app of its kind.
- Allows you to share your purchased music to your friends without any limitations
- Makes transferring files to and from any Apple iOS device and a PC quick and simple
- Transfers data to the iOS devices without erasing any data that is currently on your device
- App supports a wide range a media file types including music, playlists, podcasts, audiobooks, videos, photos etc.
- Is capable of recovering damaged iTunes libraries from your iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch
- Highly recommended by many professional software review webistes, such as Getintopc, Geekreply, tricksworldzz.com, etc.
Easily Transfer Your Music from Computer to iDevice
Transferring music from computer to your iDevice can be very easy by using iMyFone TunesMate. Start by making sure your iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch are connected to your computer.
Step#1 Launch the iMyFone TunesMate app.
Step#2 Tap the Music tab in the top bar of the app.
Step#3 Tap the Add tab and a drop down box appears. Tap File for single songs, tap Folder for groups of songs stored in folders.
Step#4 Tap open button to begin transferring the files.