After using your phone for quite some time, you will have a lot of important data on it. This data includes your music, personal photos, and videos etc. To keep all this data safe, you will need to back up your iPhone on a regular basis. There are several ways to back up your iPhone to your computer, and this tutorial will focus on the easy ways to do this.
How to Back up iPhone to Laptop without iTunes
iMyFone TunesMate enables users to easily transfer media files between their iOS devices and computer or iTunes. With the use of this program, you can easily overcome all the annoying iTunes limits that cause crashes when transferring media files. It's fully compatible with the latest iOS 12 and older versions.
The iMyFone TunesMate allows users to:
- Easily back up all photos with just one click
- Preview and backup a specific photo
- Enables users to delete photos in batch
- It also helps in backing up a whole photo album to the computer
- Support all photo formats including .heic (can open heic files directly)
- Highly recommended by many professional software review webistes, such as Getintopc, Geekreply, tricksworldzz.com, etc.
1 How to Back up iPhone iOS 12 Photos to Laptop
To back up your iPhone to your computer using iMyFone TunesMate, follow the listed steps below.
Step 1. Connect your iPhone to your computer using your phone USB cable and launch iMyFone TunesMate.
Step 2: Click on “Photos” tab. Select the photos you want to back up. Then click on “Export”, then “Export to PC/Mac”
Step 3. Select the target folder you want to save the photos and click “Select Folder” to start the process.
2 How to Back up iPhone iOS 12 Music to Laptop
iMyFone TunesMate also provides its users with the ability to:
- Back up purchased and non-purchased music to computer
- The software supports all formats of music
- Edit music ID3 information
- Easily manage their music playlist.
To back up all or some of the music on your iPhone to your computer, you need to follow the steps below:
Step 1. Click on the “Music” icon to back up your music.
Step 2. Select the particular music you want to back up on your computer and click on “Export”, then click on “Export to PC/Mac”
Step 3. Browse the folders to select the right folder to save the music. Then click on “Select Folder” to begin the backup process.
Step 4. Once the process is completed, a window will pop up a message showing “Export Successfully”. Click on “OK” to close the Window.
3 How to Back up iPhone iOS 12 Videos to Laptop
iMyFone TunesMate can also:
- Fast transfer speed between your iPhone and computer even when you are transferring large videos.
- Backing up files selectively or backing them all up at once.
- Back up Movies/Music Videos/Home Videos/TV shows/iTunes U/Podcasts.
- Suppot .avi, .rmvb, .mp4, .flv, .wmv, .m4v and 10 more video formats.
To back up all or some of the videos on your iPhone to your computer, you need to follow the steps below
Step 1. Click on “Videos” and then select either “Home video, Music videos, Movies, TV shows, iTunes U, or Podcast” at the left sidebar to transfer.
Step 2. Select the videos you want to back up and then click on “Export>Export to PC/Mac” to transfer them to your computer.
Step 3. Select the target folder you want to export the videos to and click on “Select Folder” to start the backup process.
Some of the various features of iMyFone TunesMate also includes:
- Ability to transfer between iPhone and computer/iTunes.
- It supports all types of media files transfer
- Rebuild damaged iTunes library from iDeivce
- Sync media files without erasing them
- Transfer files directly without opening iTunes
How to Back up iPhone iOS 12 to Laptop Using iTunes
iTunes is the default program that was made by Apple to be used for backing up all files from iPhone to the computer. To back up your files from your iPhone to your computer, follow the steps below:
Step 1. Make sure you download the latest iTunes and plug your iPhone into your computer using its cable.
Step 2. Open iTunes, and click on the device tab.
Step 3. Choose “Summary”
Step 4. Select “This Computer” and then click on “Back Up Now”