Purchased a new iPhone and want to sync data from old iPhone? Most iPhone users get stranded when they upgrade their iDevices. iOS is renowned for its rigid nature in transferring files and compatibility with other devices. But such complaints and concerns are of the past because of new software and third party apps that are completely safe to transfer your files. TunesMate guarantees you first file transfer from one iPhone to another without fear of losing or corrupting any file. You don’t have to go downloading your songs or documents from email. You don’t have to move with two phones, data can be synchronized.
How to Backup iPhone to Mac with TunesMate
With iMyFone TunesMate is a third party application that allows you to transfer files from your iPhone to iPad, or Mac and vice versa. Whether it is music files, photos, videos, or documents from secondary sources, this application has got you covered. The only cost you incur is on downloading and 2 minutes of your time to install it on your Mac. The platform’s popularity is attributed to its flexibility and friendly user interface. It is quick and reliable.
Key features of iMyFone TunesMate:
- Easy to synchronize data in two or multiple devices without erasing from original source.
- Preview photos and other files and selectively transfer.
- It offers two-way transfer; you can import and export data from either of your devices.
- Allows transfer of various kinds of media files including videos, playlists, podcasts, ringtones, and audiobooks.
- One-click transfer for all media files and it bypasses all iTunes limitations
Here are the steps to backup iPhone to Mac with TunesMate:
- Download and open iMyFone TunesMate on your PC and connect your iPhone to PC with a USB cable.
- Click on “Transfer iDevice Media to iTunes”.
- A window will pop up for you to select the file types you want to transfer on your Mac.
- Click "Transfer" begin the backup process.
How to Backup iPhone to Mac with iTunes
iTunes is a universal platform on iOS, it is an automatic solution to all iPhone users. Backing up your data is simple.
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac with a manufacturer provided USB cable.
- Launch iTunes on the Mac.
- On the left side window of iTunes, go to the drop down menu and select Summary.
- Select Backup Now. The speed depends on size of files on your iPhone.
- Click “Done” when the backup is complete and disconnect your iPhone.
- iTunes does not allow preview and selective transfer, everything on your device will be backed up.
- Photos, videos, and documents from third party sources cannot be backed up.
How to Restore Backup to New iPhone with iCloud
If you need to back up your iPhone data and you don’t have a PC or any other iDevice near you, iCloud is the best option. It offers 5GB space to store anything you consider important. Consider the following steps for a successful backup to iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone to WIFI or mobile data.
- Go to settings and select iCloud.
- Select iCloud Backup.
- Switch on iCloud Backup botton.
- Tap on Backup Now and wait for the progress bar to appear on your screen. Be sure to keep your internet connection stable.
- The speed upload speed depends on your internet speed as well as size of your files. Keep the internet connection until the process is complete. Backup process will stop if internet connection is lost.
- Limited free storage of 5GB, you’ll need to pay for extra space.
- It is a third party software hence your data is prone to access by unauthorized cloud parties.
While there are more enhanced security features with regards to data security, phones are still prone to loss and damage that exposes our data to the same fate. It is important to regularly backup data on iCloud or your Mac to avoid inconveniences when you lose your iPhone.
The manufacturer is kind enough to include backup component in iTunes; however, it has its fair share of limitations hence need for third party apps. iCloud is also a great option for backing up needs but not as effective as TunesMate. All of the three mechanisms are easy to use; suitability is dependent on individual needs.
Nevertheless, iMyFone TunesMate ranks as the best because of its flexibility and multiple features including a bypass to iTunes restrictions. Downloading the app is free, it occupies less than 1GB of your storage space. TunesMate is reliable and safe for your data. No data will be corrupted or lost in the process.