If you are a music lover, you must have spent hundreds of dollars and an invaluable amount of time on creating that ultimate playlist of yours. When you put so much effort and thought into creating something, it’s only natural to fear losing it. With thousands of iPhones stolen or damaged every day, the fear is real. The prudent thing to do to avoid losing all your music would be to backup music files from your iPhone to iTunes.
Part 1: Use iTunes to Backup Music
If you change your iPhone or have unfortunately lost or damaged it, iTunes backup can help restore your lost data like music, camera roll, settings, accounts and documents on your new device. This means even if you have had the worst day and lost your precious iPhone, you can still take comfort in the thought that iTunes got your back and your backup!
Steps to Backup Music from iPhone to iTunes
- On your PC or Mac, open iTunes.
- Using a USB cable, connect your iPhone. Follow the on-screen steps, like use a passcode and “trust this computer”.
- Click “File”. It's in the upper-left side of the iTunes window (Windows) or the top menu bar of the screen (Mac).
- Select “Devices”. This option is near the bottom of the File drop-down menu.
- Click “Transfer Purchases from [Name]”. Instead of "[Name]", you'll see your iPhone's name here. Clicking this option prompts the music to begin transferring onto your computer.
- Wait for the purchased music to finish transferring. Depending on the amount of music that you need to transfer, this may take a few seconds to a few minutes.
Although iTunes is great for backup, it has some limitations. For example it doesn’t support a lot of media formats because of which various music files or other audio/video files have to be converted for them to work properly.
Part 2: Backup Music from iPhone to iTunes Using iMyFone TunesMate
The iMyFone TunesMate provides the perfect alternative to transfer music file from your iPhone. It bypasses the restrictions that come with iTunes and can help you transfer data from unlimited iDevices to unlimited iTunes libraries. With iMyFone TunesMate you can easily transfer both paid and unpaid media files from your iPhone to iTunes. It offers a two-way transfer between iPhone and iTunes/computer. It doesn’t matter how you transfer files, the data on your device will not be deleted. You can easily and smartly manage media files with functions like add, export, import or delete etc.
- Supports media files including music, podcasts, photos, playlists, ringtones, etc.
- Transfer music to iPhone using different computers without deleting any data.
- Supports the transfer of purchased or non-purchased songs.
- Allows for two-way transfer between iPhone and iTunes/computer
- Flawlessly manages iTunes/iPhone music library: delete, add, backup, edit.
You can follow the steps below to easily transfer iPhone music to iTunes.
1. Transfer All Music in One Click
Step 1: Launch iMyFone TunesMate on your computer and connect your iPhone with a USB cable.
Step 2: Click "Transfer iDevice Media to iTunes" and click "Start" button from the pop-up window. It will scan all the media files on your device and show them by list.
Step 3: Check “Music” only and then click "Start" button to begin the transfer process. Click "Complete" when finish.
2. Transfer Music to iTunes Selectively
Step 1: Launch iMyFone TunesMate and connect your iPhone to computer with a USB cable.
Step 2: Click on "Music" tab at the top of interface.
Step 3: Check the music files which you want to transfer to iTunes, and then tap "Export > Export to iTunes" at the top bar. The songs you choose will transfer to iTunes as soon as possible.