Movie apps are one of the best sources of entertainment. Install a movie app on your iPhone/iPad if you want to watch movies in high quality instantly. These apps are very useful when boredom strikes and also a good option for those who don’t have the time to visit the cinema to watch their favorite movies. In this article, we’ll show you 5 best free movie app for iPad & iPhone.
5 Best Free Movie Apps for iPhone & iPad
Here are 5 best free movie apps for iPhone & iPad. The apps mentioned in this article are fully compatible with iOS 11 and iPhone X, iPhone 8/8 Plus!
#1 Pluto TV
Pluto TV is a multipurpose service that has apps on different smartphone platforms, including iOS. You can install this app to watch movies and live TV for free. It also allows you to stream on-demand movies. Pluto TV's movies are available in a number of genres like drama, action, and horror. It has been proved the best movie app for iPhone.
- Dozens of channels are offered including extreme sports, stand-up comedy, horror, action, drama movies, etc.
- When you launch the app, Pluto TV plays the channel you watched last time.
- Channel guide allows you to scroll through a variety of channels easily.
- You can bookmark channels so that you can quickly switch between them whenever you like.
Viewster is another free movie app for iPhone and iPad that allows you to watch animated movies and TV shows in HD. You can search for movies quickly in this app. It also has plenty of TV shows that you can stream.
- Stream full length Anime, TV shows, and Movies.
- A huge library of content.
- You can also watch news, snippets, movie trailers, filmographies, and biographies of actors on this app.
- TV shows and movies of other languages are also available on Viewster.
- New TV shows, Anime, and movies are uploaded on weekly basis.
- You can create watchlists so that you can quickly start watching your favorite content whenever you like.
Netflix is one of the most famous and leading providers of digital media content. Netflix offers 1-month free trial that you can use to watch TV shows and movies for free on your iPhone. After a month, you have to choose one of its subscription plans.
- Nice, clean interface and a huge library of award-winning specials and shows.
- You can also use this app to play movies with AirPlay.
- Create customized watchlists.
- Netflix monitors what you watch and then automatically adds certain content to your watchlist that you will love.
Yidio is kind of an aggregator app for other movie and TV shows streaming apps like Google Play, DirecTV, Xfinity, Amazon, Hulu Plus, Netflix, etc. It does not have a content of its own and directs you to other free sources where you can watch your desired content.
- Good app to compare different viewing methods.
- No need to switch from app to app to find what you want to watch.
- Filter content by using parameters such as MPAA rating, source, premiere data, etc.
- You can create a list of your favorite movies and TV shows in Yidio app. The app will then notify you when the content on your list becomes available to watch.
Crackle is one of the best free movie app for iOS users that has been designed to be your one-stop-shop to watch free movies, TV shows, originals, and more. Lots of content is available from different genre including comedies, action films, dramas, and other popular genres.
- Watch uncut and full length Hollywood TV series and movies.
- New TV episodes and movies are added on monthly basis.
- Create and manage your watchlist so that you can view your favorite content later on the app.
- No lengthy sign up process required.
- You can also find originals on Crackle that are hard to find anywhere else.
Best App to Transfer Movies to iDevice without iTunes
If you wish to transfer downloaded movies from PC to your iPhone then it is recommended that you use iMyFone TunesMate. It is one of the best tools to transfer files from computer to iDevice without iTunes. The software also offers many additional features and overcomes the annoying iTunes limits.
- Two-way transfer: iDevice <-> iTunes/Computer.
- Transfer media files between computer and iDevice without opening iTunes.
- Supports music, videos, photos, playlists, podcasts, audiobooks and 10+ more media files.
- Transfer files to iDevice without erasing your previous data.
- Batch uninstall apps and bloatware with a single click.
- It's recommended by lots of noted media arround the world, such as Getintopc, Geekreply, tricksworldzz.com, etc.
Here is the guide about how to transfer movies to iDevice without iTunes: