Downloading videos to your iPhone can be very useful. Perhaps you're going on a long car trip and you want to keep yourself entertained, or maybe you want to relax and watch videos without having to get out of bed; regardless of what your reasons for downloading videos are, we're going to show you the best video downloader app for iPhone.
Top 5 Best Free Video Downloader Apps for iPhone
Below we have detailed some of the best video downloader apps and some of the different features that they have to offer.
First on the list, we have the "DownloadMater" app, a popular app which allows you to download videos from a wide range of different websites (virtually any website which hosts videos!). With this app, you can use the in-app browser to locate the videos that you want to download, download as many videos as you want, and access them primarily through the app making them easy to manage.
On top of the flexible downloading features, DownloadMater is also compatible with AirPlay meaning that you can stream your downloaded videos to other devices.
- Completely free and doesn't have any ads.
- Videos are downloaded in M3U8 format, a popular video format.
- Compatible with AirPlay.
- Download multiple videos simultaneously.
#2 Video Downloader Pro
The main difference between this video downloading app and the two previous ones that we've discussed is that Video Download Pro must be purchased. That being said, you may find that the purchase is worth it after checking out the features that it has to offer.
While you might be discouraged by the slightly outdated interface, it is still a fantastic up-to-date app that has a lot of potential.
- Built-in photo manager as well as video manager.
- Select whether you want your browser history to be stored, or set it to "Private" so that you can download videos without a trace.
- Add a password to individual videos so that only you can access them.
Another great app for downloading videos is the "Total" app which is similar to Video Downloader Pro, although isn't as flexible when it comes to downloading; e.g. not being able to stream your videos using AirPlay.
However, this is a relatively simple free video downloader app for iPhone which is easy to use, isn't overly complicated, and gets the job done.
- Download videos and create a playlist within the app itself.
- Videos may be downloaded even when your iPhone is locked or when the app isn't open.
- Free, no ads, and easy to use.
- Built-in video searching feature.
QWE is great for anyone who owns a SmartTV or a gaming console - when you download videos using this app, you are able to stream them onto your TV using any of these devices. The app's interface is very straightforward, has a sleek design, and is easy to use.
- Easily connect to Xbox, PS4, or SmartTVs to stream videos.
- Bookmark videos or websites using the built-in browser.
- All downloaded videos retain their original video quality.
Last but not least, the BetterTube app is just as effective as the others on this list, although comes with a few unique features of its own.
This app is newer than some of the other free video downloader apps for iPhone which also gives you the option to use it for simply watching videos, and downloading them if you choose to.
- Unlimited downloads.
- All videos can be downloaded as a background task.
- Free and rated highly.
- Download specific sections of a video rather than the entire file.
Best App to Download Videos from Computer to iPhone
While using a free video downloader app for iPhone is fine, if you're looking for the most effective download method then using iMyFone TunesMate is your best option. Although you can't directly download videos with this program, you can use it for transferring the downloaded videos.
Below we have listed some of the main features that this program has to offer.
- As well as managing your videos, you can manage music, photos, and iOS apps.
- Selectively transfer media between your iPhone, computer, and iTunes library.
- Rebuild your iTunes library in the event of data loss or corruption.
- Easily organize your iPhone's media files.
- Try iMyFone TunesMate for free before purchasing it so that you have a better idea of the features that it has to offer.
- Highly recommended by many professional software review webistes, such as Getintopc, Geekreply, tricksworldzz.com, etc.
Now that you know what iMyFone TunesMate is and some of its features, we're now going to show you how to download videos from your computer to your iPhone.
Step 1. Download, install, and launch iMyFone TunesMate on your computer. And connect your iPhone using a lightning cable.
Step 2. From the menu at the top, click on "Videos" - this will display the videos which are currently stored on your iPhone.
Step 3. Next, click on "Add" followed by either "Add File" or "Add Folder" (if you want to transfer multiple videos, put them in a single folder and use the folder option to save time).
Step 4. Using the file explorer window which pops up, locate the video (or videos) that you want to transfer. Select the videos and click on the "Open" button - the videos will all be added to your iPhone.
As you can see, this is the most effective method for downloading videos from computer to your iPhone and alternatively.