Apple isn’t exactly generous with what you can and can’t do with your iPhone. Lots of times, you don’t have access to all of the files on there, and it’s hard to look through your phone’s folders when using your computer. What if browsing files on your iPhone was just as easy as looking at a USB drive, though? Is that even possible.
Indeed, with the right software you can do this. Let’s check out some of the best iPhone file viewers for Windows and Mac:
3 Best Free iPhone File Viewers Available for PC and Mac
#1. iMyFone TunesMate Media File Viewer
iMyFone TunesMate is software that lets you manage your files and transfer them from your iPhone to your computer. In addition, it of course also lets you preview your files first, making it a handy file viewer. It’s much more powerful than iTunes, and gives you a lot more options over what you can do with your files.
- View and transfer almost any kind of media file: music, movies, photos, playlists, podcasts, audiobooks, iTunes U, etc.
- Two-Way Transfer: It gives you to freely transfer files between iPhone and computer, between iPhone and iTunes. It’s very versitile.
- Smartly Manage: You can manage the files the way you want - export, import, add, edit, delete, backup, etc.
- Purchase & Non-Purchases: Unlike iTunes, TunesMate supports all the media files, including purchased and non-purchased files.
Basic Steps to View Your iPhone Files on Your Computer:
Step 1: Download iMyFone TunesMate and install it on your computer. Plug your device into your computer and open up TunesMate.
Step 2: On the main screen, click on the tab at the top that corresponds to the type of file that you wanted to view. For example, you can click on the Music tab to view music, or on the Photo tab to view images.
- Music tab: You can view and manage your iPhone music, playlists, iTunes U, audio podcasts, and audiobooks.
- Videos tab: You can view and manage your iPhone movies, music videos, home videos, TV shows, iTunes U, video podcasts, etc.
- Photos tab: You can view and manage your iPhone photos and albums in Camera Roll and My Photo Stream.
Step 3: On the next screen, you will see a list of the files of that type on your iPhone, which you can view. There will also be categories on the left sidebar that you can toggle through.
#2. iPhone Private File Viewer
iMyFone Umate Pro Win/Mac is primarily private files viewer that allows you to delete files on your iPhone without a trace, giving you ultimate security. However, it also lets you preview the files on your phone and it’s extremely easy to use.
With iMyFone Private File Viewer, you can view:
- Private data on your iPhone, like messages, call history, notes, browsing history, etc. You can also choose to delete it permanently once you find it.
- “Deleted” files that are actually still lurking in your storage. You can view and remove these.
- Messages and attachments from third-party apps, like WhatsApp, Viber, Kik, WeChat, etc.
- Media files including photos, videos, audio files. You can backup or delete them.
Steps to View iPhone Files with Umate Pro:
Step 1: Download and install Umate Pro, then plug your device into your computer.
Step 2: Launch Umate Pro. Go to the sidebar and choose the kinds of files that you would like to view / preview. For example, you can click “Erase Private Data,” and then Umate will scan your iPhone for private data and show you what it found. From there, you can view it and choose to delete it if you would like.
#3. iFunBox iPhone File Viewer
iFunBox is a handy program that lets you view and manage your files on your iOS device. It’s easy to use and lets you view most types of files. It has a lot of different options and lets you explore app data as well. Its features include:
- The ability to explore your iPhone file system.
- The ability to explore your iPhone’s root file system (if phone is jailbroken).
- It has its own app store.
As you can see, there are plenty of ways to look at the files on your iPhone. To bypass the limits of iTunes and Apple’s other tools, though, you will probably have to download a third-party application like the ones listed above. With these tools, you will have the freedom to view your files and even transfer them if you want to.