Are you meeting trouble adding music from iTunes to your iPhone? Does your computer tell you that the songs synced, but when you check to see if they transferred, the songs aren’t there? Are iTunes not downloading songs to iPhone? This is a very annoying bug in iTunes, and there are a few things that you can do to fix it:
Basic Tips to Fix “Can’t Add Music to iPhone from iTunes”
Here are some things that you can try that might help your iPhone to sync correctly:
Tip 1: Restart or force reboot iPhone -You can do this by pressing the wake / sleep button until a slider appears. Slide it to turn your iPhone off. Hold the wake / sleep button again to turn it back on.
Tip 2: Check USB or Wi-Fi connection. - If it’s a physical USB cable, switch the cable with another one and try again. If you’re connected through the local network, make sure your wireless routers and adapters are working.
Tip 3: Update iTunes and iOS to the latest version - In iTunes, go to the Help menu and check for updates. If there are any, it will tell you, and you can click “Download iTunes” in the dialog box to update it. For an iOS update, you can tap Settings, then General, then Software Update on your device.
Tip 4: Turn off iCloud Music Library and the Apple Music service on iTunes. You can turn them off by going to iTunes > Preferences and then unticking the box in the General menu.
Tip 5: Check available space on iPhone. It could be that your iPhone is just overfull and you need to make storage space for the new files. Before you delete anything important, though, consider getting rid of junk files that you don’t need. You can do that with free iPhone cleaner.
iTunes Still Won't Transfer Music to iPhone? Try This.
If none of the tips above worked, then consider using transfer software like iMyFone TunesMate. This is an iTunes alternative that gives you total freedom over your music/video/files and lets you do a lot of things that iTunes doesn’t. It wins thousands of loyal users every year and receives lots of positive reviews.
When it comes to your music, TunesMate can:
- Add music / playlists to iPhone from iTunes / computer without writing over the original music.
- Support all music formats.
- Convert incompatible music formats automatically into compatible ones during transfer.
- Edit music info at will, including names, artworks, albums, artists, etc.
- Back up iPhone / iTunes music and restore the backups.
01 How to Fix “Can’t Add music to iPhone from iTunes”
Step 1: Install TunesMate (which has free trial) onto your computer, then plug in your iPhone.
Step 2: Click where it says “Transfer iTunes Media to iDevice.” Make sure that the checkbox next to “Music” is checked. You can also select other kinds of files if you want. Click “Transfer” to begin.
Note: It supports to transfer playlists to iPhone from iTunes as well.
02 How to Add Music to iPhone from Computer
Step 1: As before, make sure that TunesMate is installed on your computer and then plug in your iPhone.
Step 2: Click in the tab where it says, “Music,” and you will get into the music library of your iPhone. Click “Add > Add File” and then browse the music folder on computer.
Step 3: Select the songs you want to add and click “Open” to begin transferring, and then just wait until it’s done.
There are many advantages to using this method:
- With TunesMate, you can transfer one file at a time selectively or transfer many at a time.
- None of your data will be lost. You can add to your library without erasing older files.
- You can transfer both purchased and non-purchased music.
- You can share music with your friends.
- You can share music among many of your devices, even if they have different Apple IDs.
- You can have a large music library on computer/iTunes/iPhone.
As you can see, TunesMate makes it really easy to transfer your data and it’s much easier to use than Apple’s default software.
Reviews of iMyFone TunesMate:
Here are some real reviews left by its users.
- It is an easy-to-use tool. iTunes failed to add songs to my iPhone, but it did. Really helpful.
- Excellent! Even my iPad is synced to my old computer, I can add movies to it without erasing my iPad.
- It is much better than iTunes. iTunes also delete the previous music and movies on my iPhone. I don't know why. But this iTunes alternative never delete any data on my iPhone.