Maybe you were on a vacation and you took a lot of pictures using your iPhone. After getting home, your intention was to import all these pictures to your mac where you thought they would be safer. However, you came to a sad realization that you can’t import photos from iPhone to Mac. We know this can be frustrating. This article is dedicated to showing how you can get all the photos you have on your iPhone to your Mac in a matter of seconds.
Method 1: How to Import Photos from iPhone to Mac with TunesMate
iMyFone TunesMate is the tool that iOS device users have been relying on in order to transfer their data from their iPhone to their computer and vice-versa. TunesMate was developed with the end user in the mind of the developer. Therefore, using it will not be complicated. After launching the tool on your computer, you will immediately figure out how to use it.
Main features of iMyFone TunesMate:
- Two-way transfer – This means that you can freely import and export your data.
- No limits for PCs and devices – Using iTunes to sync your data, you are only limited to using ten devices and 5 computers. When using TunesMate, there are no limits.
- Preview and transfer selectively – Instead of syncing all data, you get to preview the files and select what you wish to transfer.
- 1-click photos transfer – All you need to do is use a single click and all your photos will be transferred to your computer.
- Bypass iTunes – You don’t have to deal with all these annoying iTunes limitations, TunesMate lets you bypass all of them.
After reading the information above, you have realized that the reason why you can’t import photos from iPhone to Mac is that you lack a great tool to help you with the importing. After getting your TunesMate, the next question you will want an answer to is about how you can use the tool. Below, we show you how to import your photos to your PC Selectively:
- Launch TunesMate on your computer and then click the Photos tab. Connect your device to the PC.
- Select Photos tab, and choose either Camera Roll or My Photo Stream to view the photos available under these categories. Also, you can choose the album carrying the photos you wish to transfer under each main category on the left sidebar.
- Select the photos you would like to transfer. Tap Export and then click Export to PC. Choose a target folder on the popup window. Click Select Folder to initiate the export process.
Method 2: How to Import Photos from iPhone to Mac with iCloud
You can use iCloud to sync your iPhone photos wireless to your PC. However, for this to work, the photos you have on your iPhone have to be backed up to iCloud. To use iCloud to transfer your photos from your iPhone to your PC, you need to follow the steps outlined below:
- Launch Photos and then click Photos > Preferences> iCloud to sign in using your Apple ID and password.
- After photos on iCloud has been updated, simply drag the photos to your a folder on your Mac.
Note: For you to be able to sync the photos you have on your iPhone to your computer using iCloud, you need an internet connection. Also you will need to pay extra money each month when your iCloud storage is full and over 5GB.