iPads are mobile devices, and we store our important files on our mobile device. As an owner of iPad, you must have saved some files that you wouldn’t want to lose in case of an eventuality. These files can be photos, music files, documents and many others. Backing up your iPad to iTunes helps to keep your important files safe, so you don’t have to worry about losing your data when your iPad is lost, stolen or malfunctions.
There are two ways to tell you how to backup iPad to iTunes, either through iTunes or using the iMyFone Tunesmate software.
How to Backup iPad to iTunes Using iTunes
The steps required to how to backup iPad to iTunes (For this article, we will be talking about using USB cable):
Step 1: Before you start the process, ensure that you are using the latest version of iTunes. Also, make sure to turn off iCloud on your iPad because you can’t backup when iCloud is turned on.
Step 2: Connect your iPad to your window or Mac computer and launch iTunes.
Step 3: In iTunes, your iPad’s icon should appear in the left pane under devices. Right-click on your iPad and choose Backup.
Step 4: After you’ve selected backup, you wait for the process to complete.
Once the process is completed, then you’ve successfully backed up your iPad using iTunes.
How to Backup iPad to iTunes Using Data Transfer Software
iMyFone TunesMate iOS data manager is the software used to transfer different file formats to iDevice from a computer/iTunes, or the contrary. Thus, it can be used to backup iPad to iTunes. The good thing about TunesMate is that those files that cannot be backed up by iTunes can be backup with the software. Some of the key features of iMyFone TunesMate include:
- Two way transfer: Transferring of music and video files from iTunes to device, PC to device, device to iTunes, as well as from device to PC.
- Transfer non-purchased files: The software supports the transfer of both purchased and non-purchased music.
- Sync without Erasing: Sync files to iPad from different iTunes libraries or computers without erasing iPhone.
- Backup & Restore: Backup iPad data or iTunes files and restore backups anytime.
- All Media Files Supported: Transfer files including music, movies, playlists, podcasts, audiobooks, TV shows, iTunes U, photos, and 10+ more.
Steps to know how to backup iPad to iTunes using iMyFone TunesMate:
Using the iMyFone TunesMate software is easy, no special knowledge is needed, you just need the basic computer operational knowledge to use the software. To backup iPad music to iTunes with the iMyFone TunesMate software, the steps below will guide you.
Step 1: Download and install the latest version of iMyFone TunesMate on a window computer.
Step 2: After installing the software, then connect your iPad using the USB cable.
Step 3: Open up the iMyFone TunesMate software, you should see the iPad’s icon.
Step 4: Select “Transfer iDevice Media to iTunes”, all the media, such as music, videos on the iPad will be displayed for you to preview and choose the media to back up.
Step 5: After selecting the media to back up, click on “start” to initiate the backing up process using the iMyFone TunesMate software.
Wait for the process to complete, and as soon as it’s complete, you’ve got your iPad’s music backed up and can be accessed any day any time. And you have also got the knowledge about how to backup iPad to iTunes with this software.
The Better Use of iMyFone TunesMate Software than iTunes
Though both software are used to transfer files and we all know how to backup iPad to iTunes now. However, they differ in some aspect. The notable differences are:
- While using iTunes, transferring new music files covers the previous music files while with the iMyFone TunesMate software, the new music will not cover the old ones.
- iMyFone TunesMate software supports almost all music formats while in the case of iTunes, you can only transfer the few music formats supported by the software.
- The iMyFone TunesMate software runs faster than iTunes during moving of files as well as during back up process.
- Transferring files using the iMyFone TunesMate software is done with a single click which is also a plus on the side of the software.