My Photo Stream is a service offered by Apple to its iCloud users. It will allow you to sync your most recent photos wirelessly between your iOS devices, your mac, and even your Apple TV. This service will allow you to store the pictures you took for the past 30 days.
Although My Photo Stream does not count against your iCloud storage, it does have limits which may force you to delete some of the photos you have on the service. For example, My Photo Stream can only store a maximum of 1000 photos. This means that when you reach this limit, you have to delete some of your old pictures to create space for more pictures. Below, we guide you on how to delete photo stream pictures.
Part 1: How to Delete Photo Stream with TunesMate
For people who wish to delete their photo stream quickly and more easily, a third-party tool known as iMyFone TunesMate will work better. iMyFone TunesMate is compatible with all iOS devices. This tool is not only useful in deleting Photo Stream. It will allow you to manage other media forms including Music, audiobooks, videos, and more.
You will have the ability to use iMyFone TunesMate to sync your iTunes library to your iOS device without overwriting the previous data. You can use it to rebuild the corrupted and damaged files available in your iTunes library. The features that you get from iMyFone TunesMate when using it to manage your photos include:
- You can delete any unwanted photos from both your photo stream and camera roll. These can be deleted all at once or you can delete them selectively.
- The tool will offer you a two-way transfer. This means that you get to import and export your media files freely.
- iMyFone TunesMate has no limits for iOS devices and PCs.
- When transferring data, iMyFone TunesMate makes sure that none of it gets lost.
- You can use the tool to back up your pictures to your computer or an external hard drive.
iMyFone TunesMate is not complicated to use. To delete photo stream using this professional tool, you will only need to follow the steps we have outlined below:
- Launch iMyFone TunesMate and then connect your iOS device to the computer using a USB cable.
- At the top bar, click Photos. This should take you to Camera Roll by default. However, since you are looking to delete My Photo Stream, tap on this on the left panel.
- Select all the photos present in My Photo Stream that you don’t want to keep. On the top menu, tap Delete. You can also right-click on the photos you have selected and then choose the Delete option. In the confirmation window that appears, click Yes to confirm that you would like to delete the selected photos.
Part 2: How to Delete Photo Stream Manually
You will have the ability to delete your pictures available in My Photo Stream using either your iOS device or your computer. To learn how to delete photo stream on any of these devices, follow the steps we have outlined below:
- Open the Photos app.
- In the top-right corner, click Albums.
- Click My Photo Stream and then tap Select.
- Tap the photos you would like to delete from My Photo Stream. A checkmark should appear on the selected photos.
- Click on the Trash icon and then click Delete [number] Photos.
- Launch the Photos app on your Mac.
- Tap the pictures that you would like to delete.
- In the menu bar, click Image and then tap Delete Photo.
- Confirm that you would like to delete the photos by clicking Delete.
Part 3: How to Turn Off Photo Stream
Although My Photo Stream can be useful in syncing photos when you own multiple iOS devices, it can take too much of your storage space. My Photo Stream does not just copy the photos you have on your iPhone to iCloud. This service will create duplicates of the most recent 1000 photos that you have on your device and place the duplicates in their own folder within your Photos app. This means that My Photo Stream could be wasting more than 1GB storage space on your device.
To check the amount of space My Photo Stream is using to store duplicate photos on your device, follow the steps below:
- Open Settings and then tap General.
- Choose Usage and then select Photos. Locate My Photo Stream.
You can save your device space by simply turning off My Photo Stream. To turn this service off and delete the duplicate photos, follow the steps below:
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone/iPad.
- Tap Photos & Camera.
- Turn My Photo Stream off.
- Confirm that you would like to turn My Photo Stream off and delete the album.
It is important to note that by turning off My Photo Stream, you will prevent your most recent 1000 photos from syncing to your other iOS devices, your Mac, and Apple TV automatically.
Deleting Photo Stream will give you more sync space. If you don’t know how this can be done, this article should help you learn how to delete photo stream. The first section discusses the conventional methods that you can use. These will work. However, they will take much of your time. A better way would be to use a third-party tool that completes the task much quicker. The best tool you can use is iMyFone TunesMate. You can get a free trial version for both your Windows PC and Mac.