Are you a huge fan of podcast of any form? Then, it should come as no surprise that podcasts take a lot of space on the storage of your iPad. In the event that you require space on your iPad then deleting several podcasts is a good way to create space.
How to Delete Podcasts from iPad
Delete Podcasts from iPad with iMyFone TunesMate
We highly recommend iMyFone TunesMate which is a application that allows you transfer media files freely between iPad and iTunes/Computer. It is a more reliable alternative compared to the iTunes which come with a lot of limitation and some bug issues which might result in sudden crashes on your iPad.
- Two-way Transfer: iMyFone TunesMate allows you to freely transfer media files from iPhone to computer/iTunes and vice versa.
- iTunes Library Rebuilder: It allows users to restore their iTunes library simply from their apple device when iTunes corrupts for unknown reason.
- Enjoy Life with All Music on the Go: It supports a range of files like music, videos, podcasts and many more. You can even share purchased items with different Apple IDs.
- All-Inclusive IOS Manager: With this features users can easily transfer / manage music, videos, photos. It also allows you to conveniently manage your apps.
Steps on How to Delete Podcasts from iPad
Step 1: Download and install the iMyFone TunesMate.
Step 2: Launch it on the computer and connect your iPad via USB cable.
Step 3: Select the music tab and then click on Podcasts at the sidebar, here you’ll see all the podcasts on your iPad.
Step 4: Choose the podcasts you want to delete and click on delete. A pop-up window will ask you to confirm, just click on yes to confirm delete.
Some of the benefits the iMyFone TunesMate has over the iTunes include:
- No limitation on transfers purchased items.
- Supports more than five iDevices, actually no limits for the amount of iDevice.
- Doesn’t erase data while syncing.
- Allows transfer between IOS and PC and there are no iTunes error.
How to Delete Podcasts from iPad with Itself
Deleting with your iPad does restrict the number of podcast you can delete at a time. Here are the steps to deleting podcasts:
Step 1: Open the podcast app from the iPad home screen.
Step 2: Select podcast series from the podcast section.
Step 3: Swipe across the podcast tile you will like to delete horizontally.
Step 4: Tap on the red delete button that pops up.
And in those simple steps you successfully deleted the selected podcast.
How to Delete Podcasts from iTunes Library
It is important to inform you that unsubscribing from a particular podcast channel is not sufficient to delete the podcast as you can still access them from the sidebar on iTunes. Removing a podcasts is relatively easy and we will show you how to do that in a couple of steps listed below. Here are the steps to take:
Step 1: Go to iTunes and access the podcast views.
Step 2: Choose the podcast you want to delete.
Step 3: Press Delete/Backspace (or choose Edit→Delete) to delete.
After this is done you can delete podcasts from iTunes library.
Bonus Tip: How to Prevent Podcasts from Downloading New Episodes Automatically
Many lovers of podcasts are accustomed to syncing podcasts on all devices so as to be able to access them whenever we want them. The major problem with this, is that most of the time when a new podcast which we may or may not be interested in is released. It begins to download automatically and as a result taking up space on our devices. Therefore, this article will be outlining steps you can take to prevent podcasts from downloading automatically onto your device. The steps to follow are:
Step 1: Open Podcast app at your iPad.
Step 2: Tap on My Podcasts and choose the podcasts channel you want to disable auto-download.
Step 3: Tap on setting icon and then tab Download Episodes
Step 4: Then select Off.
With this steps it is guaranteed that will never download automatically any new episodes. You can alter this settings for specific podcasts by click on them and changing the setting for them to your preferred choice.