While it is great to always have all your music on your iPhone, over time this can present storage issues, most especially if your iPhone has a lower storage memory. Adding new music to iPhone can also be a reason to delete music from iPhone. So, how can you delete songs from your iPhone and free up space for videos, photos, games?
3 Easy Ways to Remove Music from iPhone
1 How to Delete Songs from iPhone (only for songs downloadeded from Apple Music)
(1) From Music App
Step 1: Launch the Music app and click “My Music” from the bottom.
Step 2: You can list sort your songs by Artists, Albums, Songs, Genres, etc. Turn on “Only Offline Music” and it will only show the downloaded music.
Step 3: Find out the songs you want to delete and you will see More (...) icon beside the songs. Click on it.
Step 4: Choose “Remove Download” option to remove it from your iPhone.
(2) From Settings App - For All Music At Once
If you have lots of music on your iPhone, or you want to the slate clean. Then follow the steps below:
Step 1: Open the Settings app.
Step 2: Go to General, then Storage & iCloud Usage and then Manage Storage. Wait for it to load then tap on “Music”.
Step 3: Tap “Edit” in the upper right corner.
Step 4: Tap the red minus button next to All Songs or the specific artist, then tap “Delete”.
2 How to Delete Songs with TunesMate (for a large amount of songs)
If you have a large amount of songs and want to delete specific songs from iPhone only, the above may not be a good way for you. It is much easier to use an iPhone music manager. Of all the software available, iMyFone TunesMate remains your best choice when it comes to deleting songs from your iPhone and managing your music library.
It offers you the chance to directly and effortlessly delete selected or all songs from your iPhone in just one-click. No sync issues or data loss! With TunesMate, you can remove music from your iPhone in just 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Download and install TunesMate on your PC, and then plug in your iPhone using a USB cable.
Step 2: Choose the Music category at the top menu of TunesMate. You will be in the “Music” window by default. (You can choose other categories as you need.)
Step 3: Check the songs you don’t want any more and hit “Delete” button at the top bar.
TunesMate’s Key Abilities about iPhone Songs
- Freely transfer songs between iPhone and iTunes/computer.
- Automatically convert video format to a supported one by iPhone when transferring.
- Edit iPhone music info at your will, including album, artwork, play counts, ratings, etc.
- Allow you to share purchased songs with different Apple IDs, through Google Play and Amazon as well.
- Delete songs from playlist but not delete the songs from your iPhone music library.
- Transfer entire playlist in single click or transfer music between different playlists.
3 How to Delete Songs with iTunes (for a small amount of songs)
To delete music from iPhone with iTunes, you will need to install the latest version of iTunes on your computer. Follow the step below to delete songs with iTunes.
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB, and launch iTunes. Your iPhone will automatically be detected if the connection is successful.
Step 2: Click on the iPhone icon on iTunes after iTunes recognizes. In the “Summary” panel, scroll down and select “Manually manage music and videos” and click “Apply” button.
Step 3: Navigate to “Music” tab on the lest side menu. Tick “Sync Music” and “Select playlists, artists, albums and genres”. Then only check the music files you need, and click the “Apply” button at the right bottom.
Then the music unchecked will be removed from your iPhone.
1. If it is the first time your iPhone connects to this computer and you still want to use this method, everything will be removed from your iPhone. You will see the reminder as below:
2. It is not convenient to delete just some specific songs in a large music library.