Browsing all our files and programs using our phone can sometimes be a tiring process and you need something with much larger screen like personal computer to browse it from. Your storage is limited now and don’t have that much space and in need to free some stuff, so you move it to a personal computer, sometime the opposite of that happen and you need to add some files from your computer to your iPhone or iPad. maybe you have a new computer and want a copy of your iTunes library on it. There are a lot of reasons of exporting iTunes data here we will show you how.
How to Export iTunes Library to New Computer
You can use the official way of exporting your iTunes library which can be to some people a hard one, but we will try to make it simple as we can.
First you need to install the latest version of iTunes on your new computer that the first thing you must do, then you can begin now to copy all your media files which you want to export it to new computer by doing the following steps:
- Locate the iTunes folder on your new computer:
Windows: Navigate to "\Users\username\My Music\iTunes".
Mac: Click your desktop to make sure that you're in Finder. Then choose Go > Home from the menu bar at the top of your computer screen. Double click the Music folder.
- Just drag the iTunes folder onto the desktop.
- Locate the external drive on the new computer.
- Double click on the icon of the external drive to open it.
- Just drag iTunes files from external drive to the music folder on the new computer.
How to Export iTunes Library to iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch?
There is another way you can export your iTunes library by using a simple software called iMyFone TunesMate. It isn’t just a simpler way of exporting and transferring the iTunes library but it offers a lot of advantages and key features the traditional iTunes have which we will explain.
Using iMyFone TunesMate gives you the advantage of transferring unlimited data from iTunes to iDevices without any restrictions that you may have using iTunes.
Just by connecting your device you will find in the home page of iMyFone TunesMate an option that says “Transfer iTunes Media to iDevice” then it will begin to scan all the media you have in your iTunes library. Just mark the files you need and click transfer, just click ok after completing the transferring.
By following the simple steps mentioned above you can transfer all type of media in unlimited capacity from iTunes to unlimited number of devices, after using iMyFone TunesMate you won’t have iTunes again, because iMyFone TunesMate can simply get things done much easier.
What is So Special about iMyFone TunesMate?
- If offers a smooth simple flexible iOS transfer between your iDevice and your personal computer.
- Supporting unlimited number of iDevices not like iTunes which only support 5 devices.
- If you try to sync data while using iTunes it would erase the original data while doing the syncing but now you can sync your data without having to worry about getting the original erased.
- Both paid and free files are supported to be transferred while iTunes only supported the paid files.
- You can transfer iTunes library to your iPhone or iPad without typing the password every time.
- You can enrich your music collection by adding music files from any iOS device even from the devices of your friends.