When you iPhone is full with thousands of songs, it will be not easy for you to access the specific song you need. You may consider extract some of the old songs to computer or external hard drive for backup and delete them from iPhone to simplify your music library.
But unlike syncing files to iPhone, iTunes doesn’t provide you full freedom to extract iPhone music. If you do it wrong, you may lose all the music on your iPhone. So let’s make it right for you to extract music from iPhone.
How to Extract Music from iPhone Using iTunes (Only for Purchases)
iTunes is one of the options available for extracting music from iPhone. Even though it is not a recommended method as it’s limited, here are some steps you can follow to achieve this aim.
Step 1: Launch iTunes and connect with your iPhone.
Step 2: Click on File > Devices > Transfer Purchases from [device].
Limitations of Using iTunes:
- It only works for purchased files. The files you purchased from other store and downloaded files can not be extracted from iPhone.
- You can preview and select to transfer. All the purchased music, movies, audiobooks and more will be transferred at once.
- The highest number of devices you can share data with is only 5.
- Your iPhone can only be synced to one iTunes library, otherwise your iPhone will be erased.
- Syncing iTunes files to iPhone will delete the existing data from iPhone as well.
How to Extract Music from iPhone without iTunes (Purchases & Non-Purchases)
If you want to get rid of all the iTunes limits, you should consider iTunes alternative like the one called iMyFone TunesMate iPhone Transfer. It allows you to manage your iPhone files the way you like. With it, you can easily transfer files to/from iPhone without any difficult. It makes your life much easier.
- You can preview and select music before your extract from iPhone.
- You can extract purchased and non-purchased music or other media files from iPhone.
- It gives you options to extract music from iPhone to iTunes library or computer local folder or external hard drive.
- No matter when you transfer to or extract from iPhone, no data will be lost.
- All the media files (like music, playlists, movies, audiobooks, podcasts, iTunes U, photos, etc.) are supported to transfer:
Simple Steps to Extract Music from iPhone
Step 1: Install TunesMate, open the app and connect your iPhone.
Step 2: Select the "Music" tab at the top menu. All your iPhone music will be shown there. Check the songs you want to extract and click on “Export” at the top bar.
- Click “Export to iTunes” and the selected songs will be transferred to your iTunes library.
- Click “Export to PC/Mac”, select a folder to store the songs and click “Open Folder” to begin.
If you want to extract playlists from iPhone, just right-click on the playlists from the left sidebar and click Export.
If you want to extract all media files from iPhone to iTunes, you can also use the 1-click feature “Transfer iDevice Media to iTunes”. Don’t you worry, it will detect and filter the duplicates when transferring.