Ringtones do more than just tell us that someone is calling. They help us tell the people around us a little bit more about ourselves. When your phone rings, what does it say about you? Does Whistling Wizard let your friends know that you’re a laid back kind of guy? Does Seven Nation Army show off your wild side?
But sometimes getting just the right ringtone on your iPhone is tricky. This guide will make it much, much easier.
3 Ways to Put Download Ringtones to iPhone X/8/7/6/5
How to Put Ringtones on iPhone without iTunes
As we already mentioned, your options are pretty limited when it comes to the Tone Store. Luckily, there is a way to have your cake and eat it too:
iMyFone TunesMate is a media management software that allows you to turn any song that you own into a ringtone. It doesn’t matter if the song comes from iTunes, a CD, or elsewhere. As long as you can get it on to your computer or iDevice, TunesMate will transform it into a ringtone for you.
- Add/put ringtones to your iPhone directly without iTunes.
- Syncing iTunes library to iPhone won't cause any data loss.
- Your Music, Your Ringtone. Turn any song on your computer or iPhone into your own custom ringtone.
- Transfer files to iPhone all at a time, or selectively in bulk.
- Extract ringtones from iPhone and share with your friends.
1. Steps to Add Ringtones to iPhone
Download iMyFone TunesMate for free and follow these easy steps to add your ringtones from your computer to your iPhone without ever launching iTunes.
Step 1. Plug your iPhone into your computer and open TunesMate.
Step 2. Within the TunesMate dashboard, select the Music tab. Click on Ringtones from the left hand menu.
Step 3. Choose Add and then Add File. Browse your computer to find the ringtones you want to add to your iPhone. Select them and click Open.
The selected ringtones should now be added to your iPhone.
2. Steps to Make Custom Ringtones from Any Song
iMyFone TunesMate makes it simple to transform songs from your computer into custom ringtone by setting the start and end times.
Step 1. Plug your iPhone into your computer and then open TunesMate.
Step 2. Go to Music tab > Ringtones tab from the left > Ringtone Maker.
Step 3. Find the song that you would like to transform by selecting either Local Music (for a song saved on your computer) or Device Music (for a song saved on your iPhone).
Step 4. After you have selected the desired song, it will begin to play. Use the interface to select your desired start and end times as the song plays.
Step 5. If desired, click Ringtone Audition to preview your ringtone before saving it.
Step 6. Depending on your desired save location, select Save to PC or Save to Device.
TunesMate not only manages ringtones, but also controls music, playlists, movies, photos, audibooks, TV shows, podcasts and more.
Other Key Features of TunesMate:
- Directly sync iTunes/computer files to iPhone without any data loss.
- Extract files from iPhone to computer/iTunes/external hard drive, including purchases and non-purchases.
- Share your purchases or non-purchases between iPhones, or with friends.
- Enrich iTunes library from unlimited iOS devices even in different Apple IDs.
- Smartly manage your iPhone files like to export, import, add new, edit existings, delete the unwanted, etc.
How to Add Ringtones to iPhone on Old iTunes
It is a little bit more cumbersome, but you are able to add music from iTunes to your phone as a ringtone. Try it once and you’ll see why iMyFone TunesMate is an easy choice.
Since the latest iTunes has removed the Tones tab, this method is only for iTunes which is before version 12.7.
Step 1. Plug your iPhone into your computer. Open iTunes on your computer.
Step 2. If the ringtone is not in your iTunes library, drag your desired m4r files into iTunes to add them to your library.
Step 3. Within iTunes, click on your device and then choose Tones from the menu on the left.
Step 4. Check the box labeled Sync Tones.
Step 5. Choose All Tones or Selected Tones according to your preference.
Step 6. After you have selected the appropriate ringtones, click Apply and the tones will be synced to your iPhone.
- You can't put the ringtones directly from computer to iPhone wihout going through iTunes library.
- Syncing iTunes files to iPhone will delete the existing files from iPhone as well.
How to Download Purchased Ringtones on iPhone
An easy way to add new ringtones to your iPhone is by doing it straight through your phone’s settings or the ToneStore. The two main problems with this method are that (1) ringtones cost about the same amount as a full song and (2) you are limited to tones available through iTunes.
If you are alright with those drawbacks, then here are the steps to follow:
Step 1. Open the Settings on your iPhone.
Step 2. Scroll down until you find Sounds and tap on it.
Step 3. Select Ringtone.
Step 4. Tap on Download All Purchased Ringtones to add any ringtones you may have previously purchased from your current Apple ID.
Step 5. Optional: To purchase new ringtones, tap on Tone Store to go to a special section of the iTunes Store devoted just to ringtones.