So, you have saved up enough to finally get the phone of your dream, perhaps the all new iPhone XS and you really can’t wait to use your new phone. That lovely aroma of “new” envelopes your senses long enough for you to forget the cumbersome task of having to transfer sensitive data and other files from your old phone to your new phone. You get on with it and the joy you had previously slowly slips away as frustration begins to set in. “Why has Apple created a phone with complicated transfer process” you ask yourself in a frustrated sigh, your neck hurts, you are almost done with the images when you remember you have over three thousand mp3 files in your music folder. The aroma of the new phone fades instantly.
Here, we’ll explain different methods of achieving such goals and the best processes.
How to Sync Old iPhone to New iPhone with TunesMate?
With iMyFone TunesMate, you can free yourself from all the associated hassle and frustration involved in restoring your backup on your new phone. Thanks to iMyFone TunesMate, you can now very easily transfer files between your iPhone and PC, as well as synchronise your iTunes library without losing any data. TunesMate even allows for the seamless transfer of various media formats, as well as rebuilding previously damaged or corrupted iTunes library to mention but a few features.
TunesMate also enables easy integration of files between your iOS devices and your personal computer, a typical example would be an ability to backup your entire phone, some may use the word “clone”.
Key features of iMyFone TunesMate:
- Two-way transfer: With this feature, connected devices may send and receive information simultaneously, reducing transfer durations, especially in cases when really large backup files need to be transferred from one device to another.
- No limits for devices and pc’s: With TunesMate, there is relatively no limit as to how many devices or PC’s you can backup or restore. Just make sure you have administrative access, that’s all.
- Preview and selectively transfer: Now you can have a sneak peek into the image or video file you intend to transfer. No need to open every single file individually to ascertain its content.
- One-click transfer media files: A relatively hassle-free method of transferring files between devices. A single click and all your video, photo and audio files are transferred to your selected destination device.
- Bypass iTunes limitations: Bypass iTunes limitations with regards the transfer of information by using TunesMate for your transfer needs.
Here is a step by step guide on how to restore backup to new iPhone with TunesMate.
- Firstly, open the TunesMate and connect your new iPhone to your computer.
- Select the one-click option with the description “Transfer iTunes Media to iDevice".
- You may then navigate through all your folders which include the music folder, videos and photos while selecting files which you intend to restore to your device at your own discretion.
- Click “Transfer” then sit back and wait for your files to be restored to your iDevice.
How to Restore Backup to New iPhone with iTunes
We have looked extensively at the steps involved in restoring backup to your new iPhone with TunesMate, now we’ll take a close look at the steps to restore backup to new iPhone with iTunes.
- Open iTunes on your PC used to back up your device.
- Connect your device to your computer with a USB cable. A message will ask for your device passcode or to Trust This Computer, follow the onscreen steps.
- Click the “Phone” icon when it appears in the top menu bar.
- Select “Restore Backup” in the iTunes environment.
- Search for your required backup from "This computer" and select it.
- Click “Restore” and wait for the restore to finish.
- It usually takes a long time for restoring.
- Inadvertent syncing failure or errors occur.
How to Restore Backup to New iPhone with iCloud
Another method of restoring backed up files to a new device can be executed by making use of Apple’s cloud backup utility “iCloud.” Below are the associated steps:
When your iPhone is already set up:
- On your iPhone, navigate to Settings, select “General” > “Software Update”. If a newer version of iOS is available, follow the instructions to download and install it.
- Ensure that you already have a recent backup file to restore from. Then simply navigate to your Settings, select “iCloud”>“Storage”>“Manage Storage” , then tap on your device backups available which should be listed under Backups to preview and select the latest backup.
- Navigate to Settings, click on the “General” tab, click “Reset”, then select the option of “Erase all content and settings.”
If your iPhone is brand new and hasn't been set up. You can start from this step.
- On the set up page, tap "Restore from iCloud Backup".
- Then Sign in your iCloud account.
- Select a backup you want to restore to finish.
- A need for Wi-Fi networks to backup/restore files to devices.
- Only 5GB free storage space is available per user.
iTunes on the other hand is the proprietary software designed for the general management of iOS devices, it tends to possess limitations with regards the type of information which may be transferred between devices and the number of devices which can be authorized at one time. From afar, iCloud seems like a winner, but then only 5gb is available to users (for free) and even then, the inconvenience of searching for Wi-Fi signals isn’t a very endearing feature.
TunesMate gives a wide array of options, from one-click transfer features to the transfer of Camera rolls and photo streams, it also goes a step further to support unlimited number of devices, and a double duplex transfer to mention but a few mind-blowing features. TunesMate surely ensures the use of an iDevice but without the limitations. Simply download it and have a free trial now!