You can also read this guide in Français.
It’s pretty normal to want to share a great song with one of your friends. If they have an iOS device, too, you might even want to share what you bought on iTunes with them. Unfortunately, Apple has a problem with this—a huge problem, actually. You can’t really share your music and playlists with your friends if they use a different Apple ID. In other words, they have to pay for the song.
There is a way around this, though.
How to Share Apple Music with Friends and Family
The easiest way around this problem so that you can share all of your favorite music freely is to use an iPhone music transfer called iMyFone TunesMate. Not only will TunesMate help you share music between iPhones with different iTunes accounts, but it will transfer/manage just about any kind of file on your iPhone.
- Enrich iTunes music library from different iPhones even with different iTunes IDs.
- Sync music/videos/files to iPhone from different computers/iTunes libraries without erasing iPhone.
- Share Apple music with friends’ and family’s iPhones.
- Share music purchased from Amazon, from the Google store, or any other kind of free or purchased music.
- Edit music info and playlists at will to manage a large music collection on iPhone/iTunes.
- Win thousands of loyal users every year and receive lots of positive reviews
How to Share Apple Music with Friends - 3 Steps!
Get started to share Apple music with friends by downloading free trial of iMyFone TunesMate and following below.
Step 1: Launch TunesMate on your computer, then plug in your iPhone/iPad/iPod which has the music you want to share.
Step 2: When your device is detected on TunesMate, click on the “Music” tab at the top of the interface and all your music will be shown there.
Step 3: Select the songs that you want to share. Hit “Export > Export to PC” to browse and select a target folder on computer. Hit “Select Folder” to start. And you music will be transferred to computer.
Now you can take these music files and transfer them over to your friend’s device by doing this:
Step 4: Unplug your device from your computer and plug in your friend’s device.
Step 5: When TunesMate can detect your friend’s device, go to “Music” tab again and you will get into your friend’s music library.
Step 6: Click “Add > Add Folder” and browse the music folder where you put your music on computer. Once done, click on “Open” button begin.
Now your friend should have your music on his device and there will be no loss of data on either end. If you want to share music with more than one friend, just unplug the existing device and connect other device. Then follow the Step 4 to Step 6 above to make it one by one.
- Unlike iTunes, your friend’s device won’t be erased even when it is already synced with other iTunes library. It also means, none of the music files will be lost in any device when transferring.
- With TunesMate, the devices don’t have to have the same ID, so you can share tons of music, both purchased and unpurchased.
Tip: How to Have a Large Music Collection in iTunes Library
One way to greatly expand your music library on iTunes is to combine the music files from different iPhone/iPad/iPod. So for instance, you can borrow your friend’s devices, follow the instructions below and fill up your iTunes library on your computer without ever having to even open iTunes.
Step 1: Make sure iMyFone TunesMate installed on your computer and launch it. Connect an iDevice to computer.
Step 2: Once recognized, click on “Transfer iDevice Media to iTunes” and hit start to continue.
Step 3: Check the media files you want to add to your iTunes library and hit “Transfer” to begin.
Then you can find the music or other media files are transferred to your iTunes library. If you need to enrich your iTunes library from more devices, just unplug the existing one and plug in other devices and follow the steps above to continue.
Key Features of iMyFone TunesMate
- The ability to transfer just about any kind of file - not just music, but video, photos, audiobooks, podcasts, and more.
- You can freely transfer music/video/files between iPhone and computer/iTunes without loss of data and quality.
- You can edit your iPhone media and delete duplicates easily.
- An iPhone can be synced to different computers/iTunes library without erasing.
- You can share files between many computers and devices, bypassing Apple’s restrictions.
- Music/video will be automatically converted to iPhone-supported versions when transferring to iPhone, which means you can add any media files.
So as you can see, TunesMate is the best method to share Apple music with friends and family, even if they have different Apple IDs. Next time your friend comes over and wants to share music, download a free trial of TunesMate and you’ll have the freedom to give each other music.