Many times when we buy a shiny new iPhone, the last thing on our minds is the data that we leave behind on our old ones. However, in order to truly replace your phone, of course you’re going to need to transfer your contacts to your new iPhone. Luckily, this isn’t hard to do at all, and in fact there are several ways to do it.
How Do I Transfer My Contacts to My New iPhone?
Your best bet is to transfer your contacts in one of two ways. Both of these methods rely on third-party software, but to be honest, it’s a lot easier and more thorough than using the usual methods.
Probably the best software to do this with is iMyFone TunesMate, which is a great device manager that lets you control your device in ways that you may not have thought possible. Not only can you transfer your contacts, but you have access to all kinds of files, and you can transfer these both between iPhones, and between your iPhone and your computer.
Method 1 Move contacts to new iPhone when you have both iPhones on hand.
This is the simplest method, but it requires that you have both iPhones with you at the same time. If you don’t, that’s fine—just use the second method instead. For this technique, though, you will simply follow these steps:
Step 1: Download and install TunesMate, then plug in both of your devices.
Step 2: At the bottom, you will see a tab called “To iDevice”. Click it.
Step 3: Choose your new iPhone and also check “Contact” to transfer.
Method 2 Transfer contacts to new iPhone when you only have one iPhone.
Sometimes, you will only have your old iPhone on hand for whatever reason, or you won’t be able to have both iPhones at the same time because you are trading the old one in. In this case, you can simply export the contacts onto your computer and wait until your can then import them onto the new iPhone from the computer. Here’s how you do this:
Step 1: Plug in your old iPhone and launch TunesMate.
Step 2: At the bottom, please click “Backup Contacts”. Your contacts will be backed up on computer.
Step 3: Plug in your new iPhone once you get it.
Step 4: Click “Restore Contacts” at the bottom on TunesMate. Choose the backup to start.
The nice thing about iTuesMate is that it can do more for your contacts than simply help move them around from device to device. You can also manage and edit them right there in the program, which is often a lot easier than doing it from the tiny screen of your iPhone.
iTuesMate can work with all kinds of files as well, not just your contacts. It can transfer pictures, video, music, books, and many other kinds of data—even data that would be impossible to transfer using iTunes. It’s a great tool to have if you’re sick of Apple’s restrictions on your devices.
Should We Choose TunesMate or iTunes to Move Contacts to New iPhone?
Without third-party software like TunesMate, you’re kind of stuck with iTunes or iCloud to transfer your contacts. But TunesMate is a much better option than iTunes for a number of reasons:
- TunesMate is easier to use. Its interface is more friendly than iTunes.
- You can not only transfer contacts to new iPhone, but also add, delete, edit your contacts. Duplicate contacts can be found and deleted.
- TunesMate can transfer or manage your iPhone data that iTunes cannot.
- With iTunes, you can’t pick and choose which files to transfer. If you want to transfer your contacts, you must make a backup and then restore the whole backup on your new iPhone, which would delete any data on there. This might not be a big deal if it’s a brand new iPhone and you don’t need to save any data on it, but it’s an extra hassle to have to move all of that data when all you wanted was to move your contacts.
- TunesMate is much faster than iTunes. The software is more efficient and runs more smoothly as well.
As you can see, you can greatly benefit from device managing software like iMyFone TunesMate. It can really help you make the most of your iPhone.