Most people like to have a certain amount of synchronization between their devices. You want to be able to have the same playlists on your PC as you do on your device, so that you can pick up where you left off if you decide to get up from your office chair and take a walk with your iPhone. It’s also possible that you simply want to back up your playlists on multiple devices so that it’s less likely that you will permanently lose them. There are folks who take their playlists very seriously and want them to be available on every one of their devices.
How to Add Playlist to iPhone with the Easiest Way
There are a few ways that you can transfer your iTunes playlist to your iPhone. The first (and probably the best way) is to use iMyFone TunesMate. This is a general-purpose file transferring application that you can run on your PC that will allow you to transfer files between your computer and your devices.
It’s great because it allows you to freely transfer your playlists and many other kinds of media from your PC to your iPhone and vice versa. It works with an iOS device, including your iPod and your iPad as well. You can also back up a lot of your data, which adds an extra layer of security.
Transferring iTunes playlist to iPhone is easy if you simply follow these three steps:
Step 1: Download, install, and run TunesMate.
Step 2: Connect your device via USB and wait until the program recognizes it.
Step 3: Go to the “Playlists” tab on the left. From there, you will be able to manage and export your music and playlists.
Besides, you can export your playlists to PC or iTunes Library there. Or you can delete unwanted playlists from iPhone or add new playlists to iPhone there.
As mentioned, TunesMate has many more useful features that make it worlds ahead of iTunes. For one, there are no restrictions on the movement of your files and you won’t be bogged down by annoying anti-piracy efforts that get in the way of your using the music that you purchased perfectly legally. In addition, TunesMate includes:
- A feature that will rebuild your iTunes library.
- A feature that transfers iTunes media to your device. Again, this includes more than just playlists. You will be able to move your music, photos, ringtomes, contacts, iTunes U, voice memo and more back and forth between your iPhone and your computer, which is something that you normally cannot do.
- A feature that allows you to backup your photos to your PC with just a few clicks. Not only does TunesMate undo a lot of restrictions, but it also makes transferring files extremely easy.
- An iOS to iOS transfer feature. This allows you to transfer files between iOS devices, which is extremely convenient if you have more than one. For example, if you want to sync the data between your iPhone and your iPad, it is fairly simple to accomplish with this software.
How to Transfer iTunes Playlist to iPhone Using iTunes
Can you transfer playlists just using iTunes? Yes, you can actually, in spite of a lot of other restrictions. Here’s how to do it:
- Plug your device into the computer.
- Open up iTunes.
- Click on the icon for the device.
- Click the “Music” tab.
- Check “Sync Music” and "Selected playlists, artists, albums and genres".
- Go to the “Playlists” section and pick which ones you want to sync.
- Click “Apply” button.
Which Way is Better?
So, how do these two methods of transferring your playlist stack up against each other? Well, to sum things up:
- It takes less steps to more playlists back and forth using iMyFone TunesMate.
- TunesMate hogs less resources than iTunes, so it’s often a faster process.
- While you have TunesMate open, you can do a lot of other things as well and move other files back and forth, since it is feature rich. With iTunes, you can’t freely move files around.
Which is better? It really depends on your goals. If you are content with the restrictions and limited functionality of iTunes and you don’t really want to transfer files to and from your iPhone, then stick with what you have. Otherwise, have iMyFone TunesMate for a try.