Sometimes your iPhone’s storage can get full if you have too many videos on there. If the videos are large, then this can take up even more room. What do you do if you want to transfer these large videos from your iPhone to your Mac or PC? You can’t do this with iTunes, so you’re going to have to use a few different methods:
How to Transfer Large Video Files from iPhone to PC/Mac
If you want to transfer large files, your options are a little bit limited. Since iTunes is out of the question, you will have to use Image Capture to pull your photos from your iPhone to your Mac or PC’s hard drive. Here is how you do that:
- Plug your iPhone into your computer.
- Launch the Image Capture application.
- Click where it says Share Camera near the bottom of the window and turn this function on.
- You will see your device listed on the left. Click on it.
- Now you will see your videos and images listed on the main screen. Scroll through them and select the ones that you want to transfer to your Mac/PC. Now click Import. If you want to import all of your videos and photos, you can also just click Import All.
- The biggest one is that it only works for videos on your camera roll. Basically, you have to have taken the video yourself to be able to transfer it.
- You can’t transfer movies or TV shows.
- Also, if the file is too big, Image Capture can freeze during the transfer.
How to Transfer Big Video from iPhone to Computer
Now, if you want to transfer large videos from outside your camera roll, you’re going to need to use a third-party iPhone transfer. For example, if you want to transfer movies or your favorite TV show that you downloaded from the Internet, you will have to use iMyFone TunesMate iPhone Transfer.
TunesMate is a device manager that gives you incredible freedom to transfer files from/to your iOS devices. You can easily transfer large videos from iPhone to PC/Mac.
Main Features of TunesMate
- Transfer almost all kinds of videos files from iPhone to computer or external hard drive.
- Sync media to iPhone without overwriting the data that’s already there.
- Add media to your iTunes library from unlimited iOS devices, even in different Apple IDs.
- Support to transfer purchases and non-purchases freely.
- An iTunes alternative that does more than iTunes can do. -- by tricksworldzz.com, geekreply.com, etc.
1. Steps to Extract Large Video Files from iPhone to Computer
Step 1. Download and install TunesMate, then connect your iPhone to your computer. Launch TunesMate and click on the Video tab near the top of the main screen.
Step 2. You should see the videos on your iPhone listed in the main part of the screen. Select which videos you want to transfer. Click Export, then Export to PC/Mac.
Step 3. Browse for where you want to transfer the video files then click Select Folder. Now your videos should transfer automatically.
How to Transfer Video from iPhone to an External Hard Drive >>
2. Steps to Transfer Videos from your iPhone Camera to Computer
Step 1. As before, Launch TunesMate on your computer and click where it says Photos at the top.
Step 2. On the left sidebar, to to Videos category under Camera Roll.
Step 3. You should now see your camera roll videos listed on the main screen. Select the ones you want, then click Export, then Export to PC/Mac. As mentioned above, now you can browse for where you want to transfer the video file on your computer. Click Select Folder, and TunesMate will begin the transfer.