These days, music is carried on portable devices, though CD’s still have their place. Maybe you bought a physical copy of your favorite band’s album and don’t know how to transfer music from CD to iPhone. Maybe you have a lot of your old music stored on CD and want to transfer it to new media.
2 Ways to Put Music from CD to iPhone
There are two main ways that you can transfer music from CD to iPhone. Let’s take a look:
1Download CD to iPhone with iTunes
If you want, you can transfer your music from your CD to iPhone using iTunes. Here is how to do that:
Step 1: Transfer Songs from CD to iTunes
(1) Put a CD into your computer’s CD tray.
(2) Launch iTunes.
(3) Click the CD button (it looks like a little disk up top).
(4) iTunes will ask you if you want to import the CD. If you want to put all the songs from the CD into the iTunes library, say “Yes”.
(5) From there, you can select individual songs and click “Import CD” when you’re ready.
(6) Select your import settings and hit “OK”. You can choose the AAC Encoder, MP3, or others. Hit “OK” once you make the selections.
(7) Let iTunes rip the songs for you. It will tell you when it’s done.
Step 2: Sync Music from iTunes to iPhone
- After it is done ripping, click on the device icon for your iOS device on iTunes.
- When the summary screen comes up, click “Music”at the left menu.
- Check the “Sync music” box and also click “Selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres.”
- Find the music album from the CD that you ripped and check it.
- Click “Sync.”
Naturally, there are a few limitations with this method. The biggest one is that it will cover the previous music on your iPhone.
2 Transfer CD to iPhone without iTunes - Just Clicks!
If you’ve never heard of iMyFone iPhone Transfer, it’s a device manager that works with pretty much all iOS devices. It can transfer music to iPhone from several sources, including from CD’s. It’s very easy to rip music and only takes a few clicks.
Here is how you can do this easily:
Step 1: Rip the songs from CD to iTunes by following the “Step 1” in the above part.
Step 2: Install and launch iMyFone TunesMate. Plug your iPhone into your computer’s USB port.
Step 3: Hit “Transfer iTunes Media to iDevice” from the home interface.
Step 4: Uncheck others media and just leave the CD item checked. Hit “Transfer” to start.
This isn’t the only way you can manage your music easily with TunesMate, though. It will not delete anything on your iPhone. Your iPhone will have the existing and the new songs.
- It can also add music to your iPhone from your computer, from your external flash drives, or even from your other iOS devices or iTunes.
- You can also transfer from your devices to your computer or to your iTunes library without ever having to open iTunes.
- You can edit your music, delete duplicate songs, change your music info, and manage your playlists, all from one central application.
Bonus Tip: How to Convert a Song into the Formats That iPhone Supports
- Launch iTunes.
- Go to Edit, then Preferences.
- Click General, then Import Settings, then go to Import Using, and pick the format you want.
- Click “OK,” then select which songs you want from your library.
- Go to File, then Convert, then Create [the format you chose] version.
- You should now see a new version of the song in a new format.