Sometimes you might download (or even create) some music onto your iPhone, and you want to transfer it over to your computer. This might seem like it should be easy, but actually you will find yourself running into limitations if you try to use iTunes to do this. Luckily, there are other, better ways to transfer music from iPhone to computer.
How to Transfer Music from iPhone to Computer (PC/Mac)
First, let’s take a look at how to do this with iTunes:
01 Transfer Songs from iPhone to Computer - Purchased Music
Step 1: Plug your iPhone into your computer and launch iTunes. If iTunes asks “if you want to sync”, choose “No.”
Step 2: Go to “File” at the top, then choose “Devices” from the menu, and then “Transfer Purchases from [The Name of You Device].”
Step 3: iTunes will now transfer the music.
- It will only transfer purchased music from iTunes store. Music you downloaded for free will not get transferred.
- Not only music, but also purchased videos, audiobooks, apps, etc. will be transferred as well.
02 Transfer Music from iPhone to Computer - For All Music
The best way to transfer music from iPhone to PC/Mac is to use an alternative of iTunes like iMyFone TunesMate. TunesMate is a great transfer tool that allows you to transfer music from your iPhone to computer/iTunes library with ease. It has a few key advantages:
- Support all kinds of music of many different formats.
- For both purchased music and non-purchased music.
- Allow to movie music/videos from one computer/iTunes library to another one.
Here is how to transfer music from iPhone to your computer using TunesMate. You can download its free trial to enjoy.
Step 1: Download TunesMate from the official site. Install and launch it. Plug in your iPhone to your PC / Mac.
Step 2: Click on the “Music” tab at the top of the interface. You should see the music from your device populating the screen.
Step 3: Select which songs you want to transfer, then click “Export,” and then “Export to PC.” Browse to find the folder where you want to send the music files, then click “Select Folder”.
iMyFone TunesMate has some other great features:
- Two-way Syncing - Transfer music/videos between iPhone and iTunes/computer.
- Edit Music Tags - Manually fix album artwork, play counts, rating, and much more, whenever you like.
- Manage Music Playlists - Create/rename/delete any playlist & move computer/library music to specific playlist.
- Add Music & Keep Original Songs - Transfer songs to iPhone from computer/iTunes/external hard drive without deleting existing iPhone data.
- Convert Media Formats - Automatically convert songs/videos to a usable format when transferring, so you can add any media.
How to Share Purchased Music from iTunes Store/Amazon/Google
For Purchased Music from iTunes Store:
- Download music on iTunes from the official store.
- Launch TunesMate, and plug in your iDevice.
- Click on “Transfer iTunes Media to iDevice” on TunesMate. Pick which kinds of media you want to transfer by clicking the check boxes to select them. Click “Transfer.”
You can transfer purchased music from iTunes to different devices, even ones that are signed in with different Apple IDs.
For Purchased Music from Amazon / Google:
- Download music onto your computer from Amazon or Google.
- Plug your iPhone into your computer and launch TunesMate.
- Click on the “Music” tab. Click “Add” at the top, then “Add File” to locate downloaded music on computer, then hit “Open.”
It also supports to transfer downloaded music to different iDevices.