Can you transfer your photos from your various photo albums to an external drive directly? It seems like it would be something extremely simple to do, but it’s actually not really possible using Apple’s tools. Sure, you can transfer photos from your camera roll to your PC, and you might even be able to transfer photos from other albums in a few complex, indirect steps, but there’s no easy way to transfer entire albums all at once...unless you use a special tool.
Move Photo Albums from iPhone to an External Hard Drive
The first thing that you’re going to need is a program called iMyFone TunesMate - a file transfer tool for iPhone, iPad and iPod. This allows you to transfer many different kinds of files from your iPhone to your PC or an external hard drive. It’s very efficient file management software that lets you bypass many of the restrictions that you would find with iTunes.
Great Photo Management:
- You can transfer albums (including photos in them) from iPhone easily.
- You can transfer individual photos selectively, or all photos at once.
- Photos can be displayed by time or album according to your needs.
- You can manage your HEIC images the way you want.
- It supports transferring from Camera Roll and Photo Stream.
Simple Steps to Backup Photo Album from iPhone to an External HD:
Step 1: Download and install TunesMate to your computer. Plug your iPhone into your computer and open up the TunesMate application. Make sure your external drive is plugged in, too.
Step 2: Click on the Photos tab at the top. On the left sidebar, you will see a list of different photo albums, such as Selfies, Screenshots, Videos, and so on.
Step 3: Right click the album you want, then click Export to PC/Mac. Browse for the external drive, and then click Select Folder. After that, just wait for your files to transfer.
Steps to Transfer All of Your Photos from iPhone to External Hard Drive Quickly:
Step 1: Open TunesMate with your device and external hard drive both plugged in.
Step 2: On the main screen, click Back Up Photos to PC/Mac.
Step 3: Browse for the external hard drive, then click Select Folder. Now just wait for it to transfer.
What TunesMate Can Do for You
- You can transfer many kinds of files, including photos, music, movies, playlists, podcasts, audiobooks, and more.
- You can transfer files from your PC to your iOS device and vice versa.
- You can transfer files that you didn’t purchase in the official iTunes store.
- You can share data with devices that have a different Apple ID.
- You can mange your files and delete them in bulk.
- You can add and extract music from your iTunes library without syncing or even having to open iTunes.
Or you can learn more iMyFone TunesMate here: Authoritative Review of iMyFone TunesMate. Lots of review sites strongly recommend TunesMate as the ultimate alternative to iTunes, including getintopc.com, tricksworldzz.com, crunchytricks.com, etc.