If you are a diehard iPhone fan, then it means you don’t want to be outdated with the gadget you are holding. With new iPhone devices launching every now and then, and with each carrying mouth-watering features, you definitely want to change your old iPhone to a new one to enjoy the cool features. Do you already have the new iPhone X? This article is just for you!
Learning how to transfer photos from your old iPhone to iPhone X isn’t as hard as you imagined. In fact, it is one of the simplest things you can do. If you find it hard to do, don’t worry, we have you covered.
How to Transfer Photos from Old iPhone to New iPhone X
1. How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPhone X [iCloud]
iCloud is one of the good ways to transfer photo from your old iPhone to iPhone X. You simply need to save your old iPhone’s backup to iCloud, and then restore the saved backup to your new iPhone X. You will need to have enough iCloud space though.
Step 1: Navigate go to “Settings > iCloud” on your old iPhone.
Step 2: Select the backup option and proceed by clicking on the “Back Up Now” option.
Step 3: On your new iPhone X set the Language & Network and select “Restore from iCloud Backup.”
Step 4: Log in with your Apple ID and choose the backup files to restore.
- Transferring backup with iCloud requires you to have enough iCloud space. iCloud only provides 5GB free space which is generally not enough for iPhone users to backup. You need to pay and upgrade the iCloud storage.
- All the data from old device will be transferred as well, including those files you don't want.
- It requires you to have good network connection.
2. How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPhone X [iTunes]
iTunes also gives room for the transfer of photos, music, videos, etc. from one iPhone to another. Below are the steps to follow to transfer photos:
Step 1: Connect your old iPhone to your PC/Mac with an Apple USB cable. You need to extract photos from iPhone to computer first. Then disconnect your old iPhone.
- For PC: How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC >>
- For Mac: How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac >>
Step 2: Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes and connect your new iPhone X.
Step 3: Open iTunes and click on the device tab at the upper left corner.
Step 4: Choose “Photos” from the left sidebar.
Step 5: Check “Sync Photos” and select “Choose folder”. Then select the photo folder of your old iPhone.
Step 6: Once done, hit “Apply” to begin.
- Transferring photos with iTunes isn’t a direct method, that you need to extract photos from old iPhone and import them to new iPhone.
- The photos synced with iTunes cannot be deleted in iPhone. You should unsync them from iTunes, or use powerful software to erase them, like iMyFone iPhone Eraser.
3. How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPhone X [AirDrop]
AirDrop is also a fast way to send photos from iPhone to iPhone. Below are the ways you can transfer photos from your old iPhone to your new iPhone X.
Step 1: Make sure that both devices are connected to Wi-Fi and their Bluetooth are turned on. Connect them to Wi-Fi and turn their Bluetooth on, if you haven’t.
Step 2: Swipe up to the Control Panel on your both iPhones. Turn on “AirDrop” and select “Everyone”.
Step 3: On your old iPhone, open “Photos” app to pick the photos you would like to transfer.
Step 4: Select the “Share” symbol and tap on your new iPhone X.
Step 5: Your new iPhone will receive a message from AirDrop. Choose “Accept” to receive the shared photos.
- To receive any file, you need to connect your iPhones to Wi-Fi and turn their Bluetooth on.
- This will drain your iPhone battery, especially if you are sending a large number of photos.
- It also requires you to have both old iPhone and new iPhone on hand.
Bonus Tip to Manage iPhone Photos on PC/Mac
iMyFone TunesMate File Manager is a must-have program that can help you to manage your iPhone photos on computer. When you use iTunes or iCloud backup to transfer files from iPhone to new iPhone, some files like imported files won’t be inclusive. That’s what iMyFone TunesMate can help you to transfer music, videos, podcasts, playlists, audiobooks, etc from old iPhone to new iPhone.
- Manage iPhone Photos: Backup iPhone photos or albums in camera roll and photo stream to computer/external hard drive; delete unwanted photos in bulk.
- Two-Way Transfer: Freely transfer files from iPhone to computer, and from computer to iPhone, which helps to transfer from iPhone to iPhone.
- Sync without Data Loss: Sync iTunes library to iPhone without deleting the existing files on iPhone.
- Purchases & Non-Purchases: Transfer or share purchases and non-purchases files within different Apple IDs.
- Receive a great deal of feedback from well-known media, like getintopc.com, tricksworldzz.com, crunchytricks.com, etc.
Simple Steps to Manage iPhone Photos on Computer
Step 1: Download and Install iMyFone TunesMate to your PC, launch it, and connect your iPhone.
Step 2: If you want to extract all photos from iPhone, go to “Backup Photos to PC/Mac”. Or you can go to “Photos” tab. All your photos will be shown there. You can transfer photos or albums there or just delete unwanted ones.