We all take lots of pictures on various devices these days. Many times, these photos end up on your Mac. For many reasons—such as a desire to share them with other people or to back them up—you might be wondering how do I transfer photos from Mac to iPhone. While there are many methods to do this, you may find that some of them are easier than others. You can use iTunes, iCloud, or easy third-party device management software.
How to Transfer Photos from Mac to iPhone
There are a few different ways to transfer photos from Mac to iPhone, especially if you’re trying to avoid iTunes. Let’s take a look
Part 1: How to Transfer Photos from Mac to iPhone Without iTunes
Now, the best way to transfer photos from Mac to iPhone without having to deal with iTunes is bu using TunesMate on your Mac.
1 Using TunesMate
iMyFone TunesMate is a third-party application that you can put on your Mac that allows you a lot of control over your iOS devices, including your iPhone. You can transfer photos to and from your Mac, you can preview the photos and edit them before you transfer, you can transfer them one at a time or in bulk, and you can also have the application automatically detect and delete duplicates. It’s very convenient.
Here is an easy quick guide on how to transfer your photos from Mac to iPhone:
Step 1: Download and install TunesMate on your Mac.
Step 2: Plug in your iPhone and launch the application. Click on the “Photos” tab at the top.
Step 3: Click “Add > Add File/Folder” and go to where your photos locate on Mac. Select photos and hit “Open” to import the photos.
There are many advantages to using TunesMate instead of iTunes to transfer your photos from Mac to iPhone:
- It’s easier to use.
- It loads faster than iTunes.
- It does not require you to disable the “iCloud Photo Library”.
- You can preview all of your photos before you do it.
- You can edit photos within the application.
- You can easily share photos between many devices.
- You can transfer photos to iPhone from different Mac computers.
Apart from photos, TunesMate also offers you an much easier and convenient way to manage or transfer your iPhone media files, like music, movies, videos, audiobooks, podcasts, playlists, and more. Unlike iTunes, it does not have many limitations. It gives you much more control so that you can transfer data from or to iPhone as you like.
2 Using iCloud Photo Library
You can also use iCloud to transfer your photos. Here is how you do it:
Step 2: Click on “Photos” on the home page.
Step 3: Click “Upload” at the top right corner.
Step 4: Select the photos from your Mac that you want to add, then click “Open”.
Step 5: Now that the photos are on iCloud, just enable iCloud on your iPhone and you should be able to access them.
- You need to have an Internet connection to do it.
- iCloud only lets you have 5GB of free storage.
- The whole process is basically just syncing of your photo collection, so it could result in deleted photos in your Photos Library.
- In addition, there are some security concerns with hosting your photos on cloud storage.
3 Using iCloud Photos Sharing
Alternatively, you can also use iCloud Photos Sharing. Here is how you go about this:
Step 2: Click on options in “Photos”, and enable “My Photo Stream” and “iCloud Photo Sharing”.
Step 3: Open the Photos app on your Mac and click on “Activity”.
Step 4: Click “Start Sharing”, and then give the album a name and hit “Create”.
Step 5: Click on the left-hand side where you see the name of your new album.
Step 6: Click “Add Photos and Videos” at the top right corner.
Step 7: You can select photos in the new window that comes up.
Step 8: Click “Add” at the top and they will be part of your new album.
Step 9: Go to “Settings > iCloud” on your iPhone.
Step 10: Enable “My Photo Stream” and “iCloud Photo Sharing”.
Step 11: Open the Photos app on your iPhone and tap on “Shared”. You should see the album of photos that you made on your Mac.
- You can only share photos in Camera Roll but not photos in Photo Library.
- You have to have an Internet connection for this to work.
- It also takes longer than using TunesMate usually.
Part 2: How to Transfer Photos from Mac to iPhone with iTunes
Here is how to use iTunes to transfer your photos. It is suggested to manage your iPhoto library or put the photos you want in the same folder first.
Step 2: Open iTunes if it is not opened automatically.
Step 3: Look for the icon that shows your device and click it.
Step 4: Click “Photos”.
Step 5: Tick the box beside “Sync Photos”.
Step 6: Click “Copy Photos From”, then click on “iPhoto” and “Choose folder”.
step 7: You can choose to sync all the photos or only the selected ones.
Step 8: Click “Sync” at the bottom to make it.
- You need to disable your “iCloud Photo Library” first. Or you cannot make it through this way.
- You can’t transfer your photos one at a time.
- You can’t edit them before transferring.
- All this does is simply sync your photos with your iPhone, which can result in a loss of photos sometimes if your iPhone is synced with another iTunes library.