1. Do you have purchased songs, apps, and other media files that seem to be forever stuck with your iPhone, and you can’t find them on iTunes after syncing or backing up your iDevice?
2. Do you want to transfer purchased songs from your iPhone to iTunes just to have a comprehensive iTunes library and secure your files, but you keep encountering an error because iTunes won’t let you do that?
If you’re unable to transfer purchases from iPhone to iTunes, then you can follow this article for the tips, insights and helps on how to transfer from iPhone to iTunes library.
#1. Transfer Purchases from iPhone to iTunes via iTunes
You can successfully transfer your purchases from your iPhone to your PC via iTunes if you follow these under-listed steps.
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to the PC where you want to transfer your iTunes store purchased files. If the system hasn’t been authorized before, you can authorize the computer.
Step 2: click on File > Devices > Transfer Purchases from Device.
The drawback with this method is that your purchased apps will not be transferred to your PC with other files. Read on to learn how to solve this problem.
#2. Transfer Both Purchased & Non-purchased Files from iPhone to iTunes
Transfer purchases from iPhone to iTunes not working? Yes, iTunes may be needful in transferring iTunes store purchases from iPhone to PC, but it’s not the best iOS file manager; there are other better and easier solutions to transferring files between iPhone and iTunes.
iMyFone TunesMate is a better, faster, easier, effective and efficient iOS file management PC-based app that can be used to transfer iTunes store purchased and non-purchased files with no hitch. It supports every form of iOS file transfer, management, import or export such as music, photos, videos, etc.
- Free 2-way transfer between the iOS device from/to iTunes/PC: TunesMate can be effective in transferring, exporting, importing and managing iPhone media files between iOS devices and PC/iTunes.
- Both free and paid music/movies are supported to be transferred: Unlike iTunes, TunesMate can be used to transfer even non-purchased files, music, or movies.
- Preview and selectively sync music/photos/movies between iTunes and iPhone: You can decide to preview and selective sync your music, photos, and movies, or to back them up at once.
- Will not erase old data in your iPhone while transferring
- Transfer data from unlimited iDevices and unlimited iTunes libraries
Steps in Using TunesMate in Transferring Files to iTunes
Step 1: Connect your iPhone, iPod or iPad to PC or Mac with a USB cable and launch iMyFone TunesMate.
Step 2: Scan your iPhone, iPad or iPod by clicking on “Transfer iT Media to iTunes” from the Home interface.
Step 3: Uncheck the files you don’t want to copy, and click the “Start” button to complete the process.
#3. iTunes “Transfer Purchases” Don't Copy Apps to iTunes? How to Fix?
It may be pertinent to mention that Apple recently made some changes to how iOS apps are backed up to iTunes library. Apple Support has clearly stated that iTunes’ transfer purchases do not include the transfer of purchased apps. This new law is due to app thinning. So, what is the way forward to transferring purchased apps?
How to transfer apps from iPhone to iTunes
The way forward to transferring purchased apps on iTunes is by turning on your iTunes automatic download feature. Here is how to do it:
Step 1: Connect your device to Pc and launch iTunes.
Step 2: Click on iTunes Menu > Preference > Store.
Step 3: Click on Automatic Download, and check the App box.
After now, anytime you download apps on any of your iDevices, it will be automatically downloaded on your iTunes.