Maybe you want to update your computer, and you just want to have that particular video with you all the time. So, your best bet is to transfer the videos from computer to iPhone. It’s not an entirely straightforward process because; iPhone only supports certain kinds of videos.
1. Transfer Videos from Computer to iPhone X/8 (Plus) Using iTunes
Since it’s the only official media player endorsed by Apple, you might want to consider trying iTunes first, before using other third-party apps.
Step 1. With the aid of your USB cable, plug your iPhone X/8/8 Plus into the computer. Wait for iTunes to launch automatically; but if it doesn’t, try to do it manually.
Step 2. Click on the “File > Add File to Library” at the corner on the left part of the screen. After that, select the video files on your PC, and add them to the displayed library.
Step 3. Moving to the iPhone icon in iTunes, select the Movies in the left sidebar. Sync the videos and then click on the ‘Apply’ button. After that, iTunes would then sync the videos to your device.
Step 4. Check Sync Movies and select the movies that you want to transfer. Then hit Apply to begin.
When iTunes syncs the videos from the library to your iPhone, it only does this for the selected files. It erases all unselected items; so ensure that you’ve backed them up.
The Limitations of Using iTunes to Transfer Videos
Back when it was invented, Apple’s iTunes was thought to be the coolest invention of its era. But now that we’ve seen better software get invented, we can’t help but notice the limitations of the once favorite app.
- iTunes is hard to use if you are new to it. It's easy to run into the some unknown errors which is hard to fix. Apple even doesn't give some reliable to fix.
- When you sync with iTunes, all the existing videos on iPhone will be deleted as well. (If you don't make it right, all the media files on your iPhone will be erased.)
- An iPhone can be synced to only one iTunes library. Or your iPhone will be erased.
- iTunes doesn't support all formats of audio and videos.
- iTunes offers one-way transfer. It's feature from iPhone to iTunes only supports purchased files.
2. Transfer Videos from Computer to iPhone X/8 (Plus) without iTunes
With the glaring limitations of iTunes, a lot of people have decided to look elsewhere for their transfer needs. And one of such avenues is iMyFone TunesMate iPhone Transfer. It’s simply the best platform to replace the unreliable iTunes.
- All formats of videos are supported when transferring.
- Transfer videos to iPhone X/8/7/6/5 (plus) from computer, iTunes, external hard drive.
- Extract videos from old iPhone to new iPhone, including purchases and non-purchases.
- Enrich iTunes library from/share iTunes library to unlimited iDevices, even in different Apple IDs.
- Smartly manage iPhone media with features like backup, export, import, add, delete, rename, etc.
Steps to Transfer Videos from Computer to iPhone X/8 (Plus)
Step 1. Download iMyFone TunesMate on your PC and then install it. Launch the software on your computer, and then connect your iPhone X/8/8 Plus to it, via a USB cable.
Step 2. Go to the tool bar and tap “Video,” followed by “Add>Add File.”
Step 3. Choose the video, or its folder from your PC, and then click “Open” to begin the transfer process.
You could also use the Drag-and-Drop method to transfer the files; all you need to do is open the location of the video, and then drag the selected files to the iMyFone TunesMate folder, and drop it.
3. 4 Cool Places to Download Movies for Free
It’s one of the most popular sites to download BitTorrent. Movies provided by The Pirate Bay are usually HD, can be easily accessed.
It provides high-quality movies in almost every format available. One of the unique features of Kickass Torrents is its comment and feedback system. After downloading and watching videos from the site, users often drop recommendations or warnings, regarding the quality of the file.
This site supplies video formats for all kinds of phones, and the download speed is top notch. Although the website is usually taken down once in a while for updates (due to the amount of traffic), it always bounces back with better features to offer.
Although this platform is still relatively new when compared to the others, it’s listed among the top ten best sites to download movies. Presently, it has 706,184 movie torrents in over twenty sub categories.