iCloud Music Library will allow you to share the songs you have on one of your devices with all the other devices you own. However, turning off iCloud Music Library is sometimes necessary. In this article, we will be showing you how to turn off iCloud Music Library. But, why is turning off your iCloud Music Library necessary?
There are various reasons why you might want to turn off your iCloud Music Library. One of these is that you may have more songs on your device than iCloud Music library can hold. iCloud Music Library is designed to only hold a maximum of 100,000 songs. Another reason is that you may have a lot of artwork and manually tagged meta-data. You may not want Apple to accidentally mismatch these while making your songs available on the other devices.
Part 1: How to Turn Off iCloud Music Library?
You can disable your iCloud Music Library on iPhone and on your iPad. If you don’t have access to any of these iOS devices, you can use your PC or Mac. Below, we show you how to turn off iCloud Music Library using all these devices.
- Open Settings on your device. Tap Music.
- Locate iCloud Music Library under Music and toggle it off. When you toggle off your iCloud Music Library, you will get a warning telling you that your Apple Music tracks you had already downloaded will be removed. You will need to accept this message.
- Open the iTunes menu.
- From the iTunes menu, select Preferences.
- Uncheck iCloud Music Library under this General tab. This will turn off iCloud Music Library.
- Launch iTunes.
- In the top bar menu, click Edit and then select Preferences.
- Under the General tab, uncheck iCloud Music Library to turn it off. Click OK.
Note: What will you lose when turning off iCloud Music Library
By choosing to turn off your iCloud Music Library, there are some things you will end up losing. These will include the following:
- You will no longer have a cloud-based Mac’s iTunes library copy.
- If you were using iTunes Match or Apple Music, your Mac’s Uploaded or Matched tracks will not be available for streaming on the other devices you own.
- Any of the songs from Apple Music catalog you have saved will no longer be available.
However, even if you have turned off your iCloud Music Library, you will still have access to the songs you had purchased from iTunes. These will always be available on all your devices irrespective of whether you have iCloud Music Library on or not.
Part 2: An Alternative Way to Manage Music with TunesMate
iCloud Music Library has too many limitations. For example, you will not have the ability to store more than 100,000 songs. Also, when you are using iCloud Music Library to manage your songs, you risk having your art and meta-data being accidentally mismatched by Apple. You can avoid these limitations and issues using iMyFone TunesMate.
iMyFone TunesMate is a software that is designed to help you manage more than just your music. You get to even manage your other audio files such as podcasts. You can use Tunesmate to transfer music from your iOS device to your computer and from your computer to the iOS device. If you prefer to transfer your music from your iOS device to iTunes, you can still do this using Tunesmate. The features you will get in this tool include:
- It will offer you a two-way transfer. What the two-way transfer means is that you will have the ability to import and export your data freely.
- You won’t have to deal with any limits to your PCs or iOS devices.
- Before transferring your data, you will have the ability to preview it. This will allow you to choose exactly what you wish to transfer. iMyFone TunesMate will allow you to transfer your music and other audio files selectively.
- While using iMyfone TunesMate to transfer your data, the tool will ensure that no data is lost during the process.
- You can use the tool to back up your pictures to your computer or an external hard drive.
The fact that iMyFone TunesMate has great features to offer does not actually imply that it will be complicated to use. Before you can use the tool, you will need to download and install it on your computer. A trial version for both Windows PC and Mac is available. After installing it, follow the steps below to manage your music:
- Launch the tool and then make sure that you connect your iOS device to the computer using a USB cable.
- On the top bar, a Music icon should be available. Click on this. In the window that opens, all the music you have on your iPhone should be visible.
- Select the songs you wish to transfer to your computer. Click export and then click Export to PC.
- After the exporting process is finished, you can open the folder to view the exported songs by clicking the Open Folder on the Export Successful popup. You can click OK if you don't want to open the folder.
Instead of having to deal with all the limitations that iCloud Music Library has, you can choose to turn it off and find a better solution. This article shows you how to turn off iCloud music library. The better solution you can use as an alternative to iCloud Music Library is iTunesMate. The tool is available for you to use as a free trial version.