Many iTunes users always seek alternatives for iTunes because it has several glitches, bugs, and cons. One of the critical reasons why iTunes users go to iTunes is because they use to view iPhone files on PC; however, iTunes has some limitations. This guide will show you an iTunes alternative software you to view your iPhone files without iTunes.
Use iPhone File Manager to View iPhone Files on PC/Mac
Without iTunes, you can consider some ultimate iTunes alternative, like the iPhone File Manager called iMyFone TunesMate, which is available for PC and Mac. It breaks all the limits of iTunes and gives you freedom to control your iPhone files. With it, you can easily access and view all the media files on your iPhone. You are allowed to manage the files the way you need.
- Access and view all media files on iPhone/iPad/iPod, including video, TV shows, music, podcasts, playlists, audiobooks, photos, iTunes U, tones and so on.
- Manage your files on your iPhone: delete unwanted files, add new files, extract, edit, import, backup, and so on.
- Two-way transfer makes it possible to freely transfer files between iPhone and computer/iTunes, without any data loss.
- Allow you to share both purchased and non-purchased documents with friends even with several Apple IDs.
- iMyFone TunesMate has been given a positive review by tricksworldzz.com, Geekreply, and so on.
How to View iPhone Files on Your Computer
Step 1: If you don’t have Tunesmate on your PC, download and install. Afterwards, launch TuneMate and connect your iPhone to a computer with a cable.
Step 2: Choose the tab you want to view from the top menu. This consists of Music, Videos, Photos, and Apps. Then click on the file type from the left sidebar to access and manage the files.
- Music tab: You can view and manage music, playlists, iTunes U, podcasts, audiobooks, etc.
- Videos tab: You can view and manage movies, music videos, home videos, TV shows, iTunes U, podcasts, etc.
- Photos tab: You can view and manage photos, videos and albums in Camera Roll and My Photo Stream.
- Apps tab: You can view and uninstall apps in bulk.
How to View iPhone Private files on PC/Mac without iTunes
However, if you want to view the private data on your iPhone, you should give iMyFone Umate Pro Win/Mac a shot. It’s an iPhone data erasing program which allows you to preview data before deleting. So you can use it to view your iPhone messages, note, call history, app data and more for free.
What kind of files can be reviewed by Umate Pro:
- Private Files: All the existing private files on iPhone can be viewed.
- Deleted Files: Even the previously deleted files which are still recoverable can be accessed and viewed here.
- Third-party Apps Files: You can use Umate Pro to view chat history in your iPhone WhatsApp, Viber, WeChat, Kik and more.
- Media Files: You can scanned out even the hidden audio and videos on iPhone.
Using Steps to View iPhone Files on Computer:
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to a computer which has Umate Pro installed.
Step 2: When iPhone is detected, choose the mode from the left sidebar. For example, choose “Erase Private Data” to view existing files, or choose “Erase Deleted Files” to view previously deleted data.
Step 3: Let it scan your iPhone and then you can click each file type the view the specific files.
How to View iPhone Files on Computer via iTunes
To view iPhone files using iTunes the following steps will guide you.
Step 1: Start your computer and launch iTunes on it. Ensure you use a lighting cable to plug your iPhone into the computer.
Step 2: Click on the device tab at the upper left corner. On the left sidebard, you will see On My Device.
Step 3: Now, select the type of file to view the corresponding files.
- iTunes only allows you to view iPhone music, movies, TV shows, books, audiobooks, and tones. And that’s all.
- iTunes only allows you to view the iPhone files but cannot allow you to manage them.
- iTunes may not detect some files which have been imported into your iDevice without iTunes.
How to Access iPhone Files on Computer via iCloud
Step 1: On your device, navigate to Settings > iCloud.
Step 2: Ensure you turn of the files you want to view on PC be it mail, photos, calendars, contacts, notes, reminders and so on.
Step 3: On your PC/Mac, visit iCloud.com and log in your iCloud account.
Step 4: Select the type of iPhone file to view the corresponding files.
- Your iPhone files need to be uploaded iCloud before you can view them on PC.
- The free space on iCloud is just 5GB, thus once it’s full, you have to pay for more storage.
- Media files such as videos, music and so on cannot be viewed on iCloud.