If you are having a hard time trying to make your iPhone show up on your Windows computer, then you are not alone. Many iPhone users have encountered this issue in the past. There’s no single fix for this problem because the causes behind it are different.
Why iPhone Not Showing up on PC?
Some of the causes behind this problem include:
- USB cable broken from within or simply not working. It is one of the common causes for problems like this.
- Your iPhone Camera Roll folder is empty. On Windows PC, the explorer does not show the connected iPhone if it doesn’t have videos or photos in the Camera Roll. So it could a cause behind your iPhone not showing up in your Windows explorer
- Your computer’s USB port may be malfunctioning or not working at all.
- There could be other reasons (e.g. malware, virus, compatibility issue, software conflict, etc.) causing your iPhone to not show up on your pc.
How to Fix iPhone Not Showing Up on PC?
Following are some fixes you can try to get your iPhone to show up on your Windows computer:
1 Best Solution to “iPhone is Not Showing Up on Windows Computer”
If your iPhone is not being shown in Windows Explorer, don’t worry; you can still access your photos and other media of your iPhone via third-party software iMyFone TunesMate. It is one of the best iPhone file management and file transfer tools that offers lots of features and makes transferring files between iPhone and computer a breeze.
- Can still access your iPhone photos even when it's not showing up on PC.
- Supports two-way transfer: iPhone <-> iTunes / Computer.
- Transfer files without erasing previous data on your iPhone.
- Preview photos before manage.
- Supports various types of files including photos, music, videos, playlists, etc.
- Batch uninstall apps and bloatware with a single click.
- iMyFone TunesMate is fully compatible with iOS 11 and receive lots of positive reviews from Getintopc, Geekreply, tricksworldzz.com, etc.
How to Export Specific Photos to PC
Step 1: Launch TunesMate and connect your iPhone to PC via lightning cable.
Step 2: Click on Photos tab on TunesMate and select the photos you wish to export.
Step 3: After selection, click on Export > Export to PC option and then choose a folder on your computer’s hard drive where you wish to transfer the photos. Once you are at your desired location, click Select Folder. The transfer process will begin.
How to Export All Photos to PC
Step 1: Select Backup Photos to PC option from the home interface of the software. TunesMate will ask you specify the folder where you want to back up your iPhone photos.
Step 2: Navigate to a folder of your choice on your computer’s hard drive and then click Select Folder. The transfer process will start.
2 Make Your iPhone ‘Trust’ Your Computer
You will need to ‘trust’ your computer by using the option that will appear on your iPhone when it gets connected to your computer. Usually, this message appears only the first time when you connect your iPhone to your Windows computer. Once you ‘trust’ the computer upon connection, your computer will have full access to your connected iPhone and its data.
3 Update iTunes and Windows
Installing any available updates on your PC usually solves problems such as iPhone not showing up. It is recommended that you update both the iTunes as well as Windows.
- Launch iTunes and navigate to Help > Check for Updates and then follow the on-screen instructions to update iTunes.
Install Windows Updates
- On your Windows PC, navigate to Start > Settings > Updates & Security > Windows Update and then click on Check for Updates option. Install updates if they are available.
Update iPhone Firmware
- Launch Settings app on your iPhone and then navigate to General > Software Update to check for available updates for your device.
4 Update iPhone Drivers
Updating iPhone drivers on your Windows PC is one of the most technical solutions to solve the iPhone not showing up on Windows PC problem. The process to update iPhone drivers may seem a bit lengthy, but it is fairly simple.
Follow these instructions:
Step 1: First, download and install the latest iTunes.
Step 2: Launch Device Manager on your Windows PC and navigate to Portable Devices. Once there, right click on Apple iPhone from the list and select Update Driver Software option.
Step 3: Then choose ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’ option, it will automatically download and install the drivers.
5 Use a Certified Lightning Cable
As mentioned before, a broken or malfunctioning cable could be the primary problem. So, it is recommended that you use the lightning cable that was supplied by Apple with your iPhone. And if you have to buy one, then get only a certified lightning cable that offers data transfer capabilities. If you have a lightning cable that doesn’t support data transfer capabilities, then it is probably the main reason your iPhone doesn’t get detected by your computer. That’s why you should avoid the cheaper cables that are found online or in small stores as they only charge the phone without supporting data transfer.