You can also read this guide in Français.
iTunes is known for being not user-friendly and open for its users. iTunes is the official platform to manage/transfer iPhone meida but it is restrictive that you cannot manage your iPhone data at will. This really push lots of iTunes users to seek a best iTunes alternative iPhone.
There are a few limits to using iTunes that you may not even realize to transfer your music/videos/files between your iPhone/iPad and computer/iTunes library:
- iTunes is restricted to only a handful of file formats. Only some specific formats are supported. Or you need to use converter in advance.
- iTunes can often run very slowly and inefficiently on PC’s. It is simply too big and clunky of a program. Many times it will also run on start-up, slowing down your PC from the moment it boots.
- Existing files on iPhone/iPad will be covered when syncing with iTunes. When using iTunes sync to add music/videos/files to iPhone, the existing data will be deleted as well.
- An iPhone can be synced to only one computer. If you try to sync an iPhone with another computer/iTunes library, your iPhone will be erased.
If you enjoy having the freedom to move and use your music files as you wish, then perhaps a third-party iTunes alternative would be best for you. You do have a choice! Here are some great iTunes alternative that will make your iOS device more open and easier to use:
2 Best iTunes Alternatives for iPhone/iPad iOS 13
1 Alternative to iTunes Restore - iOS Space Saver & Privacy Protection
Working as iTunes alternative for iPhone, iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac helps you to protect your privacy, which cannot be done by iTunes. Whenever you want to delete iPhone data, come to iMyFone and your private data will be permanently deleted without any chance of recovery. All iOS versions (iOS 13 included) are well supported.
It serves to both free up space on your device and rid it of any private data permanently with few important functions:
- 1-Click to Free Up Space: Useless junk trash and temporary files can be totally cleaned from your iPhone to free up space and allow iPhone to run more efficiently. Photos/videos/audio files/ apps can be deleted in bulk here.
- Erase Deleted Files: Manually deleted files still remain retrievable. Don't hesitate to use iMyFone find and erase them forever.
- Erase Private Data: Preview and completely destroy your messages, call logs, contacts, WhatsApp messages & media, etc.
- Erase All Data: You can do a factory reset if you want to sell iPhone, but it's not safe. You should use iMyFone to totally wipe any data from your iPhone and make it look like brand new.
- Erase Private Fragments: It's the most complete erasure of third-party apps: Snapchat, Line, Viber, Chrome, Facebook, etc.
So if you’re looking for an all-in-one simple privacy software and space cleaner for your iDevice, the iTunes alternative iPhone, iMyFone Umate Pro, is perfect for this.
2 Alternative to iTunes Sync - iPhone/iPad File Transfer
iMyFone TunesMate is a perfect iPhone/iPad iTunes alternative, especially when you want to transfer music/video/files between iPhone and computer/iTunes. It allows you to do much more with your device than iTunes would ever allow. It's fully compatible with the latest iOS 13, let alone the previous versions.
- iPhone/iPad Data Transfer
- Two-way sync - Freely transfer iPhone music/videos/files to computer/iTunes, or sync iTunes/computer media to iPhone without data loss.
- Break iTunes limits - An iPhone can be synced to unlimited number of computers without erasing. A computer can sync to 5 iOS devices.
- Full compatibility - All audio and video formats are supported by TunesMate. Media will be converted to iPhone/iPad version when transferring if they are not iOS-supported.
- iPhone/iPad File Manager
- Edit music info manually at will, like names, artists, albums, genres, etc.
- Manage playlists as you like by creating/renaming/deleting playlist, or adding/deleting music.
- Back up iPhone media to local library to enjoy a large media collection.
- Enrich iTunes library from different iOS devices.
So how can we do so? Here we take transferring music from iPhone to computer for example. Let's download its free trial and follow to figure it out.
- Launch iMyFone TunesMate on your computer and connect your iPhone/iPad.
- Go to "Music" tab at the top and you will be in the "Music" window. Select the songs you want to transfer.
- Hit "Export > Export to PC" and locate where you want to store music on computer. Hit "Select Folder" to begin.