Though the iOS platform is known for being very user-friendly and has built a huge following in the mobile marketplace, it is not known for its openness. Many people find that iOS is very restrictive that they can’t do everything that they would like to do with the software that is built in with the operating system. For this reason, people may seek an iPhone iTunes alternative.
There are a few disadvantages to using iTunes that you may not even realize if you have just resigned yourself to using this app to transfer your files between your phone or tablet to your PC:
- iTunes is restricted to only a handful of file formats. This can be troublesome if you prefer the freedom to use many different kinds of extensions.
- iTunes can often run very slowly and inefficiently on PC’s. One of the great flaws of iTunes is that it is simply too big and clunky of a program. Many times it will also run on start-up, slowing down your PC from the moment it boots.
- iTunes restricts the movement of your files. In an effort to combat piracy, iTunes will only allow you to transfer your music files to a limited number of devices, and if you accidentally delete your files, you have to pay to download them again.
If you enjoy having the freedom to move and use your music files as you wish, then perhaps a third-party alternative to iTunes would be best for you. You do have a choice! Here are some great iTunes alternative that will make your iOS device more open and easier to use:
3 Best iTunes Alternatives for iPhone/iPad/iPod
1 iMyFone TunesMate: iPhone/iPad/iPod touch Files Manager
iMyFone TunesMate is an alternative to iTunes for iPod, iPhone, and iPad. It allows you to do much more with your device than iTunes would ever allow. For instance, you can easily export audio, video, and photo files from your iPhone or iPad to your PC. You can move all of your media around without restrictions, including to other devices; it liberates your files so that you can enjoy the same freedoms that many Android users do. You can even share your music with devices that have other Apple IDs.
In addition, TunesMate allows you to efficiently manage these files. You can transfer an entire playlist with just a single click. The quality of all of your files is maintained and the process is as simple and easy as transferring files between a thumb drive and your PC. You can look through all of your files on your PC and delete, import, and export the ones that you want efficiently.
It allows you to truly sync and share files between all of your devices. This is world’s better than the constant walls that you will hit with iTunes. It’s unfortunate, but when it comes to managing and transferring files, Apple treats users as if they are criminals and doesn’t allow them ownership over their own files. Take that sense of ownership back and use TunesMate instead of iTunes. It’s one of the best iPod/iPad/iPhone iTunes alternatives around.
So how can we do so?
- Download an dinstall the software.
- Connect your iOS device to computer.
- Choose the item you want to manage and you can transfer, add, delete, edit the files.
2 iMyFone Umate Pro: iOS Space Saver & Privacy Protection
Here’s something iTunes definitely won’t do: Help you to enhance your privacy. In fact, a lot of Apple’s products do just the opposite. Luckily, there are third-party apps that can help you reclaim not only ownership over your files, but also your ability to clear your device of superfluous material.
- 1-Click to Free Up Space: iMyfone Umate Pro will identify junk files and temporary files that are only taking up room on your device and allow you to delete them. This can free up a lot of space and even allow your device to run more efficiently. Photos, videos, audio files, apps can be deleted in bulk here. Besides, photos can be losslessly compressed and save 75% photo space.
- Erase Deleted Files: Did you think that manually deleting your files on your device would erase that data permanently? Think again. Deleting material on your phone or tablet in the usual way will only push it out of your site. It can actually still be recovered, unless you use software like iMyFone Umate Pro to truly erase these deleted files.Then, deleted data is 100% unrecoverable.
- Erase Private Data: Want to get rid of all your private data, such as your Internet history, call history, contacts, WhatsApp messages & media, etc.? You can permanently delete this in one fell swoop
- Erase All Data: When you’re ready to sell or give away your device, you need something better than a factory reset. You need something that will permanently delete all your private data so that it’s unrecoverable.
So if you’re looking for an all-in-one simple privacy software and space cleaner for your device, iMyFone Umate Pro is perfect for this.
3 iMyFone D-Back: iOS Data Recovery
On the other end of the spectrum, maybe you have data on your iPhone or iPad that you accidentally deleted and you’re tearing your hair out trying to figure out how to get it all back. This can certainly happen to anybody. Using the iMyFone D-Back or iMyFone D-Back for Mac, you may be able to recover this data, so it’s a good backup to have just in case.
What iMyFone D-Back can help you:
- Recover files and other data that you deleted by mistake.
- Recover data that you may have lost simply due to a malfunction. Perhaps you broke your iPhone.
- Get your data back if you forgot your password and are locked out of your device.
- Suffered data loss due to a virus or other kinds of malware.
- Lost files due to a reset or during the jailbreaking process.
This software has a very simple interface and it’s incredibly easy to get your music, photos, videos, and even text messages back. Besides, third party app data are supported to recover, such as WhatsApp, WeChat, Skype, Kik, Viber, LINE, etc. You can make use of a backup from iCloud to restore your files, but with iMyFone D-back you don’t necessarily need to have backed up your files to be able to recover a lot of them. It’s a great tool to have in an emergency.