Apple Inc. is an American multinational technology company. They are one of the greatest technology companies and are the world's ninth-largest company by revenue. Now, you own an iPhone which you have probably been using for weeks/months/years, but then as you try to make a music or app purchase from iTunes Store or maybe you just wanted to open an already installed app on your iPhone you get an error message that reads “iTunes unable to process purchase at this time” or “iTunes purchase could not be completed” how will that make you feel? Not too good I guess!
Early this year, quite a number of iOS device users complained about an outage of “iTunes unable to process purchases at this time” error message and has since been looking for a way to fix this problem. Normally, this is a regular iTunes Store warning that often comes up when the device user tries to make a purchase with an insufficient credit card. However, the current error message on iTunes now appears even when a user wants to launch his apps, so basically the entire apps on the iPhone ceases to function properly with the current iTunes Store error.
We have decided to come up with this article to help those who find themselves battling with this error message, giving them a way out. We’ll be showing you different approaches to take to help you solve this problem. Read on, and follow the steps below to regain control.
Fix "iTunes Unable to Process Purchases at This Time" Issue
If you are one of those that have been getting the “iTunes unable to process purchase at this time” or “iTunes unable to purchase” error follow the instructions below to break free.
1. Check Your Credit
For those that have been trying to make payment but can’t because the error message keeps popping up, the first thing you need to do is to check your credit balance. To do that launch iTunes or App Store and sign in. Make sure you’re using the correct Apple ID during sign in. Your credit balance will now be made available to you beneath your Apple ID.
2. Logout and Log Back In
Do not be in a hurry to sign out from your account especially if you don’t remember your account passcode, but if you do what you’ll want to do is to sign out and then sign back in. This will work if you’re getting the “Credit card processing is temporarily unavailable” error message. Go to settings, click on your Apple account, scroll down and sign out your Apple ID. After doing that, wait a few minutes and then log back into your account and check if it’s functioning okay now.
3. Disable Firewall
Unknown to most, firewall set to block iTunes Store might actually be the reason behind the error message. Some companies provide devices to their staff but because a network firewall has been enabled they will be denied access to iTunes. Follow the steps below to disable firewall:
- Tap Apple menu.
- Launch System Preferences and choose Security & Privacy.
- Select the Firewall tab.
- Enter the correct administrator's password if required.
- If you have the firewall set to block incoming connections, you’ll have to change it. Allowing incoming connections should fix “iTunes unable to process purchases at this time” popup error message and related iTunes problems.
4. Install Latest iOS Version
Keeping your device updated is also another simple, yet effective way of fixing this problem. Having an up-to-date iOS version on your device reduces the chance of experiencing this error.
- Click on Settings and open General tab.
- Hit Software Update to check for a new version of your iOS.
- If there is an available update, tap the Install button to install.
5. Check Apple Server Status
You have tried all the solutions provided above and none still seems to work for you, what do you do now? This might be the time for you to exercise a little bit of patience for Apple’s iTunes Support to release a fix. You can always check out the Apple System Status website for server status.
iTunes Unable to Process Purchases? Transfer Them Using 3-Party Tool
Apple allows iPhone users purchase their favorite apps, music, and several other media files. The problem arises when you have all these purchased files without having a backup. What happens if the device gets wiped off or even worse stolen? That means all your years of collection would be wasted. We want to show you a fast, easy, and secured way to transfer purchases using a powerful app called iMyFone TunesMate.
iMyFone TunesMate allows you easily transfer iTunes purchases from iPhone to iTunes for safekeeping. This is a highly efficient iOS transfer tool for successfully transferring both purchased and non-purchased files. This app is designed to perfectly manage your iDevice for a better and faster result. Other features include:
Main features of iMyFone TunesMate:
- Free 2-way transfer between iOS device and iTunes/PC: With TunesMate you can now transfer, import, export, and effectively manage iPhone media files between iDevices and iTunes or PC.
- Supports the Transfer of Purchased and Non-Purchased Files: This app is designed to support the transfer of both purchases and non-purchases.
- Preview and selectively sync music/photos/movies between iTunes and iPhone: If you prefer the option of previewing your files before syncing, you can now do that with iMyFone TunesMate.
- Supports the transfer of data from unlimited iDevices and unlimited iTunes libraries.
Transfer Files Between iPhone and iTunes Using iMyFone TunesMate
- Plug in your iPhone, iPod or iPad to PC or Mac with a USB cable.
- Launch iMyFone TunesMate.
- Select “Transfer iDevice Media to iTunes” to scan your device.
- After successfully scanning, it brings up a list of your media files to choose from.
- Check the files you want to backup.
- Hit the “Start" button to begin.
- Click "Complete" button from the pop-up window of "Complete" to finish it.
We have walked you through the process of how to fix the “iTunes unable to process purchases at this time” problem, and have also shown you the best way to transfer your iTunes purchases and non-purchases using iMyFone TunesMate. Let us know if it worked for you. Did you get stuck trying out something? Drop your questions, we are always ready and available to respond to any problems.