There are a few popular applications on the market that allow you to break past the usual restrictions that you find with iTunes and let you transfer music (and other files) on your own terms. Leawo iTransfer is one such application. It is easy enough to use... but how does it compare to another popular device management program? Let’s take a closer look at Leawo iTransfer and its main alternative.
What's Leawo iTransfer? iPhone Transfer Software
Leawo iTransfer is basically device management software for your iPhone, iPad and iPod. What does this mean? Well, it allows you to transfer your files back and forth between your device and your computer, without having to use iTunes. Since iTunes can have bugs and lots of restrictions, sometimes using a third-party application like Leawo iTransfer can be a good idea. Here are some of its main features:
- You can transfer music from your iPhone to your computer and vice versa.
- You can back up your iPhone easily in a few clicks.
- Transfer files without opening iTunes. In other words, you don’t have to sync to move your data if you use Leawo iTransfer (or software like it).
- You can transfer most major kinds of file types.
- You can transfer data to and from your iTunes library.
- It supports most iOS devices available.
An Honest Review of Leawo iTransfer Software
So we know that Leawo iTransfer can do a lot of things, but does it do them well? Let’s see:
Test and Review:
The first impression of the software is fairly good. It loads quickly enough and you can start using it without much hassle. The interface is a little strange, though. It looks kind of outdated, almost like it’s trying to copy an old version of iTunes. This can make it a bit confusing to navigate if you’re used to other device managers that have a more streamlined look.
It’s still fairly easy to get most things done, and the transfer speed is very good. Even fairly sizable files transferred quickly. Everything was stable and there wasn’t much lag when clicking around. Overall, it is a solid example of an iOS device manager, even if it looks a little bit dated.
- Gets the job done. It transfers the files like it’s supposed to.
- It works quickly and the software is pretty stable.
- It allows you to bypass a lot of Apple’s restrictions, but that’s true of most third-party iPhone transfer applications.
- The interface kind of dated. It lacks the sleek simplicity of modern software, and some of the design features look like they came out of the early 2000’s.
- Lots of the functions are not available for the latest iOS version.
- You have to pay for it. (Though it does have a free trial.)
Best Alternative to Leawo iTransfer
The main alternative to Leawo iTransfer is another third-party application called iMyFone TunesMate. This is iOS transfer software that helps you move files from iPhone to your computer and vice versa. Similar to Leawo iTransfer, it can help you take control of your device by getting around a lot of the restrictions that you might find with iTunes.
- Transfer about any kind of media file: music, video, photos, playlists, audiobooks, podcasts, iTunes U, TV shows, etc.
- Two-way transfer to freely transfer files between iPhone and computer/iTunes.
- Add files to iPhone without overwriting your current library.
- Extract files from iPhone to computer, external hard drive, iTunes, CDs, etc.
- Share your songs with unlimited devices, even those with a different Apple ID.
- You can transfer both purchased and non-purchased music and media.
Test and Review:
TunesMate loads quickly and the interface is very clean. It is immediately intuitive and easy to use. There are clear navigation tabs and buttons that are labeled, and the design is very modern. Within just a few seconds, you can start transferring your files or looking through the files that you already have on your device. With just one or two clicks from the main screen, you can transfer media to and from your iTunes library without even opening iTunes.
Overall, it’s simple, fast software that is also very powerful. Anyone who has ever used iTunes could probably figure out how to use this within a few minutes. Every function is very easily accessible, and the transfer speeds are fairly quick.
- You don’t need to use iTunes to edit your library if you use TunesMate.
- TunesMate automatically converts files when they are transferred to you iPhone so that they are compatible.
- The interface is clean-looking and modern.
- You can rebuild your iTunes library easily by just clicking a button on the main screen.
- It’s not free. (Though there is a trial version available to test it out.)
At the end of the day, both of these applications are better than iTunes. They simply give you more control and you can move your files wherever you want. You can also share your music with other devices with different Apple IDs, which is something you normally cannot do with iTunes.
Though they are both great applications, TunesMate shines above other device managers because of its extremely simple and clean interface, as well as its many features. If you’re looking for a great iPhone transfer program that has everything, give TunesMate a try.