Before we start the topic of how to deauthorize iTunes, you must know what is iTunes Authorization. Authorization is a form of Digital Right Management applied to most contents sold through iTunes App. Authorization systems were once standard, but presently most contents on the store are restricted.
To download and use purchased materials such as Music, TV Shows, audio books, apps amongst other contents on the store, you must allow your computer or window PC to access the app by authorizing it on iTunes.
When Will We Deauthorize iTunes?
You must deauthorize your iTunes account when you are about doing the following:
- When you are about to install iTunes, you must deauthorize your system
- No longer interested in making use of your computer and want to give it out or sell it off.
- You can also deauthorize your system when you don't plan on making use of iTunes contents you bought on iTunes.
- Before upgrading your system hardware data.
How to Deauthorize Your Computer in iTunes
Deauthorize Your Computer in iTunes
Deauthorizing your computer means making it unable to access some contents you purchased from iTunes store such as songs, films, books amongst others. Remember that de-authorization does not mean that you would lose your files, you will only prevent the system from having access to such data.
Here is a simple step to follow when you want to deauthorize iTunes account.
Step 1: Open iTunes on your system
Step 2: Click on the Account > Authorizations > Deauthorize This Computer
Step 3: On the window, fill in your username and password, login and click on deauthorize
Deauthorize All Computers on Your iTunes Account
You can only deauthorize all systems once in a year. To deauthorize all computers, there must be a system that you want deauthorize but you can't access it.
The Deauthorize button will not appear except when you have more than two authorized systems. Here is a simple step to follow when you want to deauthorize your system.
Step 1: Open iTunes on your system
Step 2: Right click on the store menu
Step 3: On the window, fill in your username and password to log in
Step 4: Click on view account information
Step 5: Click on the Apple ID Summary section, to the right end of the computer authorization then click on Deauthorize All
Remember that you can still access to all records that you bought from iTunes on those computers until you reauthorize them.
Learn More About iTunes
iTunes is a software used to play, download and organize digital music, TV programmes, apps, audiobooks and videos on personal systems using the macOS and Microsoft Windows operating systems. Despite all the benefits one enjoys from using iTunes, there are still some flaws associated with it.
iTunes Limitations When Transfer Files
- One of the major disadvantages of iTunes is its poor performance on the system. iTunes is known to be slow on window software.
- iTunes is quite selective; it doesn't support most files. You have to convert various music, video and ringtone to let them work on your system.
- It must be powered by the use of the system, the computer must be authorized and only five devices can be authorized each year.
- iTunes does not allow you use third party apps as music transporter. It does not permit you to share your music or files with other devices.
- iTunes is strictly formatted to mp3 and mp4 only
The Alternative to iTunes When Transfer Files
There are some software which gives you the freedom to transfer whatever you want without limitation and can, therefore, serve as a better alternative to iTunes. Here recommend you iMyFone TunesMate.
iMyFone TunesMate is a good alternative to iTunes; it has been established to be one of the best apps for transferring files from iPhone, iPad and your system.
- Data transfer between IOS and computers
- Restore iTunes Library: With Tunes Mate, you can copy all files manually across a device and restore all lost data.
- Add Music and Videos from your system to iPhones.
- Send Music and Videos from various iTunes Libraries.
- Share Apple Music: Tunes Mates also allows you to share music bought from Google or Amazon and other downloaded music from different iPhones.
Transfer iTunes Media to iDevice:
Tunes Mate enables you to add various media files to your iDevice from iTunes library without erasing any original data. It also breaks iTunes limit to transfer iTunes media to different iDevices even with different Apple IDs.
Step 1: Connect your iPhone/iPad/iPod. Launch TunesMate on your computer and connect your iPhone/iPad/iPod with a USB cable.
Step 2: Scan Your iPhone/iPad/iPod. Click on "Transfer iTunes Media to iDevice" to browse all the media files in your iTunes library and show them in a list.
Step 3: Start to Transfer. All file types will be checked by default, you can uncheck those you do not want to send to your device. Click "Transfer" button to begin the transfer process.