Many people use iPods to store and buy Apple music. The only problem with this of course is that you’ll be subject to iTunes’ restrictions, which can keep you from managing your music the way you want to. That’s why it’s a good idea to find a good third-party iPod music manager free that will give you the freedom you need.
Review of 4 Best iPod Music Manager Freeware
1 iMyFone iPod Music Manager
If you’re having trouble dealing with all of iTunes’ restrictions, you can consider the best iPod music manager freeware - iMyFone TunesMate, which is a good iTunes alternative for iPod/iPhone/iPad. It has all of the features that you need to make the most of your music collection. It also allows you to do tons of things that you can’t with iTunes.
Main Features of iMyFone iPod Music Manager
- Two-way sync to freely transfer music from iPod to computer, or from computer to iPod.
- Transfer music to iPod without replacing existing songs on iPod.
- Share iPod music with friends even within different Apple IDs. Build up music collection by transferring music from your friends’ iPhone.
- Convert music files automatically during transfer, especially for music with incompatible formats.
- Detect and remove duplicate files if you need.
- Also manage movies, playlists, audiobooks, podcasts, pictures, and 10+ types of file.
- Highly commended by lots of well-known media and increasing users since it release.
Test & Review of iMyFone TunesMate
TunesMate is a very verstile and easy-to-use iPod music manager freeware without iTunes. All you have to do is plug your iOS device into your computer and launch TunesMate, and it works without having to open iTunes at all. One of the nicest features is that you can edit your iTunes library from completely within TunesMate, and add songs to it without any of the usual restrictions.
With the simplistic interface, you can do everything you need to do with just a few clicks. This includes transferring music, video, photo, and other files, as well as making back ups, managing and deleting files, and more. You can do everything you wish you could on iTunes, basically.
It comes with a free trail, too, so there’s little risk in just trying it for yourself.
+ No data will be lost when transferring iPod music and quality will be well-remained.
+ It works with almost all iPods, iPhones, and iPads.
+ It supports to transfer purchased, non-purchased or downloaded music.
+ Simple interface and easy to use.
+ It is fully compatible with iOS 10.3 and even iOS 11 beta
- For continued functionality past the free trail, you need to pay. This is kind of expected, though. It costs $29.95.
- It does not support Android devices.
2 Wondershare TunesGo
Wondershare TunesGo is yet another iPod music manager that is very promising. It can help you get past iTunes’ restrictions and it will help you manage your library in a similar way to TunesMate. It is one of the better iPod music managers out there and it offers a free trail.
- You can transfer most kinds of files of iPod/iPhone/iPad.
- You can transfer both from iPod to computer and from computer to your iPod.
- You can export iPhone music, movies, photos, contacts, SMS to computer.
- You can rebuild your iTunes library from iPhone/iPad/iPod.
- You can preview the music, movies, photos before transferring.
Test & Wondershare TunesGo Review
TunesGo is very easy to use and feels refreshing after dealing with all the complications of iTunes. You can transfer music very quickly, and you can manage your collection easily from your computer. Regardless of whether your music was purchased from the iTunes store or not, you can transfer data and even share with other devices. It’s a great overall alternative to iTunes if for some reason you don’t want to use TunesMate.
+ The interface is easy to use.
+ It support Android devices and is compatible with Android 7.0.
+ You don’t have to deal with the limits of iTunes.
+ It offers support for most iOS devices.
- If iPod has a large music collection, it will take long to load your iPod music.
- It costs $49.95, much more expensive.
- There is some unnecessary functions that make it cumbrous, like the function of file explorer.
3 FonePaw iPod Music Manager
If you’ve gotten your paws on a new iPod and you want to use it to its full potential, then an iPod music manager like FonePaw is right up your alley. Like the other iPod music managers mentioned here, it will help you bypass iTunes’ annoying restrictions.
- Transfer downloaded music and purchased music between iPod and computer.
- Support to transfer music, videos, playlists, books, contacts SMS.
- Rebuil the iTunes library from iPhone/iPod/iPad without opening iTunes.
- Transfer from computer to iPod or from iPod to computer.
- Back up iPhone contacts and restore backups anytime.
Test & FonePaw Review
FonePaw iOS transfer is a good iPod music manager, fairly average in the iPod music management field. It will transfer the files that you want and works with just about any iOS device. The interface is usable and you can get most things done quickly with just a few clicks. Like the others, there’s nothing too complicated about FonePaw and it gets the job done.
+ It frees you from iTunes’ restrictions.
+ It supports all kinds of files, not just music files.
+ It’s fast and easy to use.
- The free trial version doesn’t encompass many important features.
- You cannot edit music info on iPod.
- It costs $34.95.
Another similar application is CopyTrans. It offers functionality above and beyond iTunes, and lets you transfer pretty much any kind of file that you want, to any devices that you want. This a great choice if you want an easy, lightweight alternative to iTunes that can safely transfer your music as well as help you manage it.
- Transfer and back up your iPod songs easily.
- Export iPod music to computer/iTunes library without iTunes limits.
- Restore your library from iPod. Basically, this means you can use it to back up your library.
- Have access to all the features with only a few clicks.
- Copy iPod/iPhone artwork, playlists, ratings, play counts, etc.
Test & CopyTrans Review
CopyTrans is yet another great choice in the third-party iPod music manager market. It has very similar features to other applications of its kind, and it does a decent job with all of its functions. You can transfer data without too much work. However, its interface is not as simple as TunesMate and TunesGo.
You may take much time to figure out how to do next. It may not be as easy to use as you expect, especially if you don’t like iTunes interface. Besides, please note that, you need to download its control installer first and then download the CopyTrans inside the installer.
+ It has one-click process to transfer iPod data.
+ It lets you manage everything on your device from one easy, central location (your PC).
+ You can buy a lot of their applications in a bundle for a good deal.
- It only provide one-way transfer and you can’t transfer music to iPod.
- It does not provide free trial and costs $29.99.
- Its interface is much more complicated and hard to figure it out.
- You cannot preview photos on iPhone/iPad.
There are a lot of iPod music managers free out there, but the best one available with the most features and the nicest interface is iMyFone TunesMate. You can download it free trial easily right from the website and start using it right away on your PC or Mac. It’s a very simple application to use.
You may be also interested in Top 5 Best iPod Music Transfer Apps.