You can also read this guide in Français.
Sometimes iTunes just doesn’t give us everything with need. There are just so many restrictions that make transferring files a pain sometimes. For instance, you can’t transfer songs that you downloaded from somewhere other than the official iTunes Store from your iPhone to your computer. Often, you’ll also put yourself in danger of losing the data if you try to sync your iOS 11 device with a new iTunes library.
The restrictions don’t end there, either. Luckily, though, there are a few ways around this using iTunes alternative - iOS 11 transfer applications. Here are some of the best ones available:
Top 5 iOS 11 Transfer Software Review
Top 1: iMyFone iOS Transfer
The best file transfer iOS 11 software available for transferring files from your iOS 11 device to computer, and vice versa, is iMyFone TunesMate. It has some of the best features of any device manager, with an easy-to-use interface and tons of simple (yet powerful) options.
- Transfer just about any kind of file: music, movies, playlists, audiobooks, podcasts, music video, iTunes U, ringtones, ...
- Transfer both purchased and unpurchased files.
- Never risk replacing the existing data on iPhone/iTunes during a transfer.
- Freely transfer iOS 11 files among iPhone, iTunes and computer.
- Share media between iOS 11 devices with different Apple IDs.
- A must-have iOS transfer tool -- recommended by getintopc.com, crunchytricks.com, tricksworldzz, etc.
Test & Review
iMyFone iOS 11 Transfer was fast and responsive during load times and even while just clicking around. The interface was easy to navigate and very intuitive. It’s easy to see that even beginners can make use of TunesMate without much instruction. With just a few clicks, you can transfer your whole library from iTunes to your iDevice, or from your device to iTunes.
All of the functions worked very well and the transfer process was quick. It was a relief compared to the bugginess and long load times of iTunes. Best of all, TunesMate doesn’t discriminate about what kinds of files you are transferring. You can move around just about anything you want, such as music that you downloaded off the Internet. You can even share songs with other devices that have different Apple IDs, so you can build up your library quickly and easily.
+ The interface is easy to use.
+ Free iOS 11 transfer software allows you to experience its features.
+ You can transfer almost any kind of file that you want.
+ You can transfer data to devices with different Apple IDs.
+ You can edit your iTunes library without even opening iTunes.
- Though there is a trial version, you still have to pay for the full version.
Top 2: WonderShare TunesGo
Wondershare TunesGo is software that is similar to TunesMate, though the interface is a little bit different. As with other iOS 11 file transfer software, it allows you to bypass many of iTunes’ restrictions so that you can use your iPhone/iPad/iPod however you want. You can use it to transfer both to and from your iOS 11 device, even if you didn’t purchase the media that you’re transferring.
- Bidirectional transfer to and from computer.
- Transfer to and from iTunes.
- Transfer all kinds of files, including music, video, photos, contacts, and more.
- Share data between many devices.
- Sync your data without deleting the library that’s already on your device.
Test & Review
Wondershare File Transfer for iOS 11 is quick to load and transferring is a snap. It is easy to find and click on the right options, so it’s fairly easy for someone new to learn how to use it. The interface is not quite as nice as TunesMate, but it gets the job done. It works just as well on Windows as on OSX.
+ Easy to use.
+ Loads quickly.
+ Can be used to transfer between computer and device, as well as between devices.
+ Offers more functionality than iTunes.
- You do have to pay for the full version. And its price is the most expensive one, $49.95 for 1 year and 1 PC.
- It has redundant functions like installing or backup apps, but only works for iOS 9 and below.
Top 3: iSkysoft TunesOver
iSkysoft TunesOver is very simple iOS 11 transfer software that allows you to back up your files on your computer or simply transfer them from your computer to your iOS device. It has an easily navigated interface and offers most of the features that iOS transfer software should.
- Easily back up your iOS data to your computer.
- Easily transfer most kinds of data on your computer to your device.
- Use cloud sharing to transfer your songs.
- Convert your media files to other formats.
- Back up your iTunes Library with just a few clicks.
- Bypass many of iTunes’ restrictions.
Test & Review
TunesOver has a very simple interface that is not hard to use at all. It may not be the prettiest, but just about anyone could figure how to use it within minutes. After clicking around for a little bit, you can easily transfer your whole iTunes library back and forth between your device and your computer, as well as transfer individual files. You can also manage your files using TunesOver. It has a simple and efficient way to view your media and delete duplicates.
+ Simple to use.
+ Can be used to back up most kinds of data on your device.
+ You can use cloud sharing to transfer music.
+ Transfer your library without having to use iTunes.
- Interface is not as aesthetically pleasing as others.
- Its price is the same as TunesGo, $49.95 for 1 year and 1 PC, but not as efficient as others iOS transfer software.
Top 4: Syncios Manager
Syncios Manager is a classic iOS 11 transfer tool that many people are familiar with. It has a few interesting features that make it unique, but its biggest strength are the major functions of allowing you to bypass iTunes and transfer your media files freely. You can transfer files that you didn’t purchase from the official store and you can sync your device through this application without worrying about losing your data.
- Transfer files to and from your computer / device.
- Transfer media to and from iTunes.
- Make ringtones.
- Share songs between devices.
- Convert media files to other formats.
- Download video from over 100 video streaming sites.
Test & Review
Syncios is pretty smooth and easy to use. As soon as it loads, you can find everything you need within a few moments and start transferring immediately. The transfer process itself is fairly quick as well.
+ Helps rid you of iTunes’ restrictions.
+ Bi-directional transfer.
+ Can share files with many devices.
+ Allows you to download streaming video.
- Unable to back up data with a single click.
- There may not be as many online resources and documentation as users need.
- The “Ultimate Version” (pro version) is not free, which costs $34.95.
Top 5: Aiseesoft FoneTrans iOS Transfer
FoneTrans is yet another common iOS transfer application that gives you most of what you need. It is superior to iTunes in that you can transfer many kinds of otherwise restricted files to and from your iTunes library. It also allows you to back up files from your device to your computer’s hard drive.
- Transfer to and from iTunes without ever having to open iTunes.
- Transfer to your computer from your device easily.
- Transfer files without losing any data on your device.
- Manage your iOS files from the comfort of your computer.
Test & Review
FoneTrans iOS Transfer launches fairly quickly and you can start transferring in minutes. With just a few clicks, you can back up your data, transfer your files to your computer, share the files on your device with your iTunes library, and so on. You can transfer music, video, text messages, contacts lists, and much more. All of these functions work well and the interface isn’t too complicated at all.
+ Allows you to transfer media to and from your iTunes library.
+ Lets you transfer music, video, photos, contacts, messages, voice memos, and more.
+ Interface is simple and clean.
- It only provides the purchased version.
- It only supports manage photos in camera roll, but not in My Photo Stream.
While there is a lot of iOS 11 files transfer software available on the market, the best one is iMyFone TunesMate. It has tons of functions that make it easy to move your media from your computer or iTunes to iPhone, or from your device to just about anywhere (including an external hard drive). If you need software that can help you break past all of iTunes’ restrictions, then iMyFone TunesMate is the perfect choice.