iPhone or iPad, as an all-in-one device at hand, it helps you keep contacting with friends, and more, it allows you to enjoy yourself, like watching movies, listening to music, reading e-books, taking photos, etc. However, iPhone doesn’t have the option to download files except for the purchased files from iTunes. So how do you transfer files from PC to iPhone on iOS 11? Or how do you transfer iOS 11 files to PC for backup? You can find some efficient ways to make it here.
Why Not Use iTunes to Transfer Files from PC to iPhone iOS 11
If you can manage without using iTunes, you’ll actually save yourself a lot of trouble. Using iTunes to transfer files from PC to iPhone iOS 11 comes with a host of disadvantages, such as the fact that:
- If you sync your iPhone with iTunes, normally the old library is overwritten and you lose the data that you had there before.
- You often can’t share music and videos from multiple libraries with your IOS 11 device, or your iPhone or iPad will be erased.
- You can’t share content with devices that have different Apple IDs from your iTunes account.
- You often can’t transfer files that you didn’t purchase.
How to Transfer Files from PC to iPhone iOS 11 without iTunes
1. Transfer Files from PC to iOS 11 iPhone with iPhone Transfer
The best way to transfer files from PC to iPhone or iPad is with iMyFone TunesMate. This is basically iOS transferring software that has many more features than iTunes. Unlike iTunes, with TunesMate you have the freedom to:
- Transfer files from multiple libraries to your device without risk of erasing your data.
- Sync files from iTunes to iOS 11 device without replacing the existing data on iOS.
- Share files with devices that have different Apple IDs.
- Transfer music that you both purchased and didn’t purchased from the official iTunes store.
- Convert your music files or video files as they are transferred.
- Freely transfer files between iPhone iOS and iTunes/Computer.
- Support almost all iOS files: music, movies, photos, playlists, audiobooks, podcasts, ...
TunesMate helps you break past all of iTunes’ restrictions, so that you can actually use your iPhone the way you want to. You can build up a huge library of songs from your friends’ devices or simply organize your music using its efficient interface. It’s compatible with all modern iOS devices, and even the latest version of iOS.
So how to transfer files from PC to iPhone iOS 11 without iTunes?
Step 1: Download TunesMate and install it on your computer, then plug your iPhone into your PC (or Mac). Open the TunesMate application.
Step 2: Click the Music tab that appears at the top. Click Add at the top, and choose whether you want to transfer just one file or a whole folder.
Step 3: Browse for the file or folder, select it, then click Open.
Now the music will be added to your iOS 11 device.
2. Transfer Files from PC to iPad iOS 11 via Cloud Service
Another way that you can do this is by using a cloud service, such as Dropbox or Google Drive. This is also fairly simple. Just follow these general steps:
Step 2: Go on your computer and search Google for the name of the cloud service.
Step 3: If you don’t have an account with the service already, make one. If you already have an account, sign in.
Step 4: Upload the files that you want to transfer to the cloud service. The specifics of this will vary depending on what company you use, but most of them will have easy on-screen directions.
Step 5: Go on your iOS 11 device and open the app for the service. Sign in with the same ID and password you used to upload your files with your computer. Now find the files through the app and download them to your device.
But please note that, the downloaded files from Cloud service cannot be found or enjoyed in Music or Video apps on iPhone.
How to Transfer Files from iPhone iOS 11 to PC without iTunes
You may have noticed that iTunes can’t actually transfer files from your iOS 11 iPhone to PC—it can only transfer files that you purchased on iTunes from iPhone to your iTunes library. In other words, if you downloaded the files from anywhere other than the iTunes Store, then you’re out of luck...unless you use a different method.
The best alternative to iTunes for this process is iMyFone TunesMate.
Step 1: Launch TunesMate and connect your iPhone to your PC with a USB cable.
Step 2: Click the Music tab that you see at the top of the screen. You will see a list of the music on your iPhone. Select the music that you want to transfer.
Step 3: Click Export, and then choose Export to PC.
Step 4: Browse for the folder than you want to export to and click Select Folder.
If you want, you can click Open Folder to see your files in their new location on your PC after transferring.
It’s actually very easy to transfer files from your PC to your iPhone using various methods, though iMyFone TunesMate is the easiest tool for this task. TunesMate also allows you to transfer music directly from iPhone to PC, which you simply can’t do with iTunes. If you want more control and freedom, download TunesMate and give it a try.