Podcasts are an effective and convenient way among iPhone users to enjoy media for entertainment or study purposes. However, most users want to transfer those podcasts for backup so they can use them whenever they want, particularly when they don’t have access to internet. Transferring podcasts may present a challenge for many iPhone users. This article focuses on different methods you can use to make that process easy.
How to Transfer Podcasts from iPhone to iTunes
Here's how you can transfer podcasts from iPhone to iTunes:
1 Transfer Purchased Podcasts from iPhone to iTunes
Transferring media and podcasts with iTunes is easy, however keep in mind that it only works for media that you have purchased from iTunes Store and does not apply to apps running on iOS 9 or later.
Following are the steps to transfer podcasts using iTunes:
- Launch iTunes on your Windows PC or Mac
- Connect your iPhone via USB cable to the computer. iTunes will automatically recognize it
- Open iTunes menu and click on File, choose Devices option and there you will see an option named ‘Transfer Purchases from [your device name]. Use that option and it will start the transfer process
- You can only transfer purchased podcasts from your iPhone to iTunes. Some non-purchased podcasts downloaded from other websites cannot be transferred.
- Some other purchased items such as Music, Movies, TV Shows, Audiobooks will also be transfered which may cost endless of time.
- You cannot selectively transfer specific podcasts.
2 Transfer Non-Purchased Podcasts from iPhone to iTunes
As mentioned before, iTunes only allows transfer of media that is purchased from iTunes Store. Apart from this, it has many other limitations. To make your transfer process more convenient, you can use a software called “iMyFone TunesMate”. With this software, you will be able to easily transfer purchased and non-purchased podcasts from iPhone to iTunes. Following are some key features of iMyFone TunesMate:
- Transfer your music, movies, podcasts, ringtones, images, iTunes U, audiobooks, playlists, etc. conveniently from your iPhone to your computer and vice versa, regardless of whether your media is purchased or non-purchased.
- Freely and selectively transfer podcasts in batch or in a single one.
- Manage your music using variety of options (backup, import, export, delete)
- Rebuild your corrupted or damaged iTunes library from your iDevice.
- Share your iTunes library with your friends even with different Apple IDs.
- Uninstall bulk apps with 1-click
- Highly recommended by many professional software review webistes, such as Getintopc, Geekreply, tricksworldzz.com, etc.
Follow these steps to transfer podcasts to your computer using iMyFone TunesMate:
- First, download iMyFone TunesMate from official website for your specific platform (Windows or Mac), install it and create an icon on the desktop for easy access. Then launch the software.
- Use a suitable USB cable to connect your iPhone with your computer. iMyFone TunesMate will automatically detect your iPhone. Upon successful connection, you will see the home page of the software with your device details and some other useful options.
- iMyFone TunesMate has 3 1-Click options that will allow you to transfer your files according to your specific requirements.
How to Transfer Podcasts from iPhone to iTunes in Batch
- Use “Transfer iDevice Media to iTunes” option to start the process.
- The software will scan your available files and ask you which type of files to transfer.
- Select Podcasts and click start. iMyFone TunesMate will copy your selected files and notify you when the process is done.
How to Transfer Podcasts from iPhone to iTunes Selectively
- Click on Music Tab and choose Podcasts in the left sidebar.
- Choose the specific Podcasts and click on Export>Export to iTunes