You just bought a media file on your iPhone. It could be a video, music, or podcast. Now, you want to transfer it to your computer and the first thing that comes to your mind is “iTunes”. Well, the rude shock is that there are a lot of limitations that come with using iTunes.
The good news is that in this post, I am going to show you a great alternative for transferring purchases from your iPhone to Computer without using iTunes.
How to Transfer Purchases from iPhone to Computer on iTunes
Before delving into the alternative to transferring purchases from your iPhone, I want to talk about the existing process for transferring purchases with iTunes. So, if you want to go down this path, here are the procedures:
- Make sure the computer you want to transfer to is authorized to play items purchased from iTunes. If it isn’t, you can authorize it by going to Account > Authorizations > Authorize This Computer, then click the Authorize button.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer. You can do this by using a USB cable.
- When a window appears, click “Transfer Purchases”. Alternatively, you can choose File > Devices > Transfer Purchases from [device].
Kindly wait for it to finish, and all the purchased files will be transferred from iPhone to iTunes library.
However, if “Transfer Purchase from iPhone" not working, please click here for troubleshooting.
The Problem with Using iTunes to Transfer
Although the procedure for transferring purchases from your iPhone with iTunes seems straightforward, there are actually a lot of problems when you use iTunes. The following are some of them:
- You can only transfer iTunes purchases from iPhone to computer, but not any other purchases files from other store and any free files.
- You can’t selectively transfer files between iPhone and iTunes.
- iTunes only supports 5 iDevices.
- While you are syncing iPhone with iTunes, you actually lose your data.
- You can’t transfer files directly from computer to iTunes.
Transfer Purchases from iPhone to Computer without iTunes
So, now I have established that transferring purchases with iTunes comes with a lot of glitches. So, what can you do about it? Simple! Just use iMyFone TunesMate iPhone Transfer.
TunesMate is an alternative to iTunes without all the annoying glitches and errors. With it, you can freely transfer files between iPhone and iTunes, between iPhone and computer, which makes your life easier.
- The ability to transfer purchases and non-purchases.
- It offers two-way transfer between iPhone and computer.
- You are allowed to share your purchases with multiple Apple IDs. (It doesn’t set limits to how many devices and how many Apple IDs.)
- You can drag and drop the files directly from computer to iPhone.
- No matter how you transfer or sync files, you won’t lose any data.
- You can preview and select files for transferring instead of transfer all files at once.
Steps to Transfer Purchases from iPhone to Computer without iTunes
Take the following steps to transfer music and podcasts from your iPhone to your computer using TunesMate.
Step 1. Launch TunesMate on your PC and connect your iPhone to your PC using a USB cable.
Step 2. At the top bar, you should choose from the top tabs, like Music. Choose the file type from the left sidebar.
- Music Tab: You can transfer or manage purchased and non-purchased Music, iTunes U, Podcasts, Audiobooks, Playlists, Ringtones, etc.
- Videos Tab: You can transfer or manage purchased and non-purchased Movies, Music Videos, Home Videos, TV Shows, iTunes U, Podcasts, etc.
Step 3. Tick the purchased files you want to transfer and click “Export > Export to PC/Mac” at the top menu. Select the target folder on your computer and tap “OK” to begin the process.
When the export completes, you will get a notification telling you “Export Successfully”. Tap “Open Folder” to access the songs/podcasts you just exported.
How to Enable Automatic Downloads of iTunes Purchases
If you are not a fan of having to connect your iPhone to your PC each time you want to transfer purchases, you can enable automatic download for iTunes purchases on your computer. Take the following steps to do this:
Step 1. On your iTunes, go to iTunes/Edit > Preferences > click the Download tab.
Step 2. Tick the boxes beside “Music, TV Shows, and Movies” under the heading for Automatic Downloads. You should also tick the “Always check for available downloads” option.
Step 3. You can tell iTunes to either download your videos in HD or SD by ticking the appropriate box.