“I purchased the new iPhone X recently. Can I just transfer ringtones from old iPhone to my iPhone X? I don’t want to lose them as I customize them in a hard way. ”
3 Ways to Transfer Ringtones from iPhone to iPhone
- Part 1: How to Transfer Ringtones from iPhone to iPhone - iPhone Transfer Tool
- Part 2: How to Transfer Ringtones from iPhone to iPhone Using iTunes (Only for Purchases)
- Part 3: How to Transfer Ringtones from iPhone to iPhone via OneDrive
- Part 4: Top 5 Websites to Download Ringtones for Free
- Part 5: Bonus Tips to Use Ringtones on iPhone X/8 (Plus)
1 How to Transfer Ringtones from iPhone to iPhone without iTunes
If you need to transfer files from old iPhone to new iPhone X/8/(Plus), you can also consider iMyFone TunesMate iPhone Transfer for help. It’s two-way transfer allows you to move files from old iPhone to new iPhone without data loss. It also gives you option to access your iTunes library without opening iTunes.
- Manage Ringtones: Customize ringtones from any song; transfer tones to/from iPhone.
- Two-Way Transfer: Transfer files from old iPhone to computer or iTunes; transfer files to new iPhone, supporting all types of media files.
- No Data Loss: Sync iTunes media to iPhone without the risk of data loss.
- Share Purchases: It allows you to share purchased or non-purchased files between different Apple IDs. It supports unlimited iOS devices.
- Smartly Manage: Manage iPhone files like add, delete, import, export, rename, edit, etc.
Steps to Transfer Ringtones from iPhone to iPhone
Step 1. Download, install, and open up the iMyFone TunesMate program. Connect your old iPhone.
Step 2. Choose Music tab and then Ringtones. All your tones will be shown there. Select the tones you want to transfer and hit “Export > Export to PC/Mac. Browse a folder to store them.
Step 3. Disconnect your old iPhone and now connect your new iPhone. Again, click on the “Music” tab and then Ringtones.
Step 4. Click “Add > Add File”, locate the ringtones that you want to add, and you’re done!
If you want to make your own tones, click on the "Ringtone Maker". You can refer to this guide.
- It transfers purchased and non-purchased ringtones selectively in bulk, or all at a time.
- It won't damage the existing ringtones or any files on the second iPhone.
- You can make your own ringtones within just a few clicks from any songs.
- You can delete unwanted ringtones from iPhone while iTunes can't make it.
2 Transfer Ringtones from iPhone to iPhone Using iTunes
It only transfers purchased ringtones and works only on iTunes earlier than version 12.7.
Given that iTunes is the standard program for iOS data management, we’re going to be showing you how to transfer ringtones from iPhone to iPhone X/8 (plus) using iTunes. However, this method only supports the purchased tones from iTunes.
- Open iTunes and connect your old iPhone using a USB cable.
- Once loaded, click on “File > Device > Transfer Purchases from [device name]”. All the purchased files will be transferred from old iPhone to your iTunes, including purchased ringtones.
- If you have some ringtones on your computer, you can also go to “File > Add Files to Library” to add the ringtones from computer to iTunes.
- Disconnect your old iPhone and now connect your new iPhone.
- Click on the device icon on iTunes, and click on the “Tones” option on the left menu then on “Sync Tones”.
- Select the tones which you want to have synced, and click “Apply”.
- You will miss your own custom ringtones when transferring.
- It will erase the existing custom ringtones from the second iPhone when syncing.
- You can't selectively transfer the ringtones.
3 How to Transfer Ringtones from iPhone to iPhone via OneDrive
1. Download and install the OneDrive app on both of the iPhones.
2. Launch the app on your old iPhone and tap on “+” at the top-right.
3. Locate and select the ringtones that you want to transfer. Tap on “Upload”.
4. On your new iPhone, open the OneDrive app.
5. Sign in using the same login as before, and download the ringtones which you uploaded to your new iPhone.
With these steps, you can quickly transfer your ringtone over to your new iPhone X/8/8 +. However, you must have an internet connection and thus, it isn’t optimal.
4 Top 5 Websites to Download Ringtones for Free
Now that you know how to transfer ringtones between your iPhones, we’re going to show you the 5 best websites for downloading ringtones for free.
First on our list is Phonezoo. This website is a little older than some of the others (as you’ll see from its design), although is still a reliable place to get ringtones and is updated regularly.
Step 1. Click on the ringtone that you want to download.
Step 2. Select either “Download” or “Send to Phone”.
Step 3. If you download, transfer the ringtone to your phone using one of the methods that we introduced you to above.
This relatively simple website includes a search bar, meaning that you can find exactly what you’re looking for.
Audiko is similar to Phonezoo, although has an updated interface and has a lot more ways for you to find a unique ringtone. From their front page, you are able to see the most popular ringtones, featured artists, and you can search to find specific ringtones.
If you’re a ringtone creator, then you can also upload your own ringtones to share with others and you can download other’s creations!
Zedge is a step up from Audiko and has a much sleeker design as well as several ringtone filters, allowing you to find a ringtone that you’re happy with.
One great feature of this website is that you can add a compatibility filter by adding your device, resulting in only compatible ringtones appearing in your searches.
Prokerala is an informative website which provides custom ringtones on the side. One of the great things about this website is that you can either download your ringtones in either MP3 or M4R format, and anyone can upload their ringtones to the website – meaning if you want to share your ringtone creations, you can upload them for the world to see!
While this website isn’t meant for iPhone ringtones, you can use it to download music from YouTube and once you have the music on your iPhone, you can set it as your ringtone.
Step 1. Locate the YouTube video which you want to turn into a ringtone.
Step 2. Copy the URL of the YouTube video onto ListenToYouTube.com.
Step 3. Check the TOS box, and click GO. Once converted, click on the download link.
5 Bonus Tips to Use Ringtones on iPhone X/8 (Plus)
Given how frequently we have begun using our iPhones, it’s good to know everything that they’re capable of and how you can utilize what they have to offer. Below, we are going to show you some useful ringtone tips for iPhone X/8 (Plus).
Tip 1: How to Change Ringtone on iPhone
2. From here, tap on “Sounds” and you’ll be shown all of the available ringtone options.
3. Select the ringtone option, then tap on a sound to make it your ringtone and hear what it sounds like.
As you can tell, changing your iPhone’s ringtone settings isn’t difficult at all.
Tip 2: How to Apply a Ringtone to a Contact on iPhone
1. Unlock your iPhone and launch the “Phone” app.
2. Tap on the “Contacts” tab and tap on the contact for which you want to apply a ringtone to.
3. Tap on “Edit”, then tap on either “Ringtone” or “Text Tone”.
With these settings, you can set an individual’s ringtone so that you know who’s calling you before you even take your iPhone out of your pocket!