2 Ways to transfer songs from iPad to iTunes
You can opt to transfer your songs and playlists through a number of software and applications. You can either prefer iTunes or choose third party trasnfer in order to help you in this endeavor.
01 For Purchased Songs Only
iTunes is an interface system that connects iPhone, iPad and iPod to your Mac or PC. This was created by Apple in order to simplify sharing and uploading files to and for iDevices as easy as possible. If you just have the purchased songs on your iPad and it doesn’t matter that the playlists cannot be transferred, you can follow the steps to transfer songs from iPad to iTunes.
Step 1: Make sure you have the latest iTunes on your computer and open it.
Step 2: Select “Edit > Preferences” at the top left corner and go to “Devices”.
Step 3: Make sure “Prevent iPods, iPhones, iPads from syncing automatically” is ticked.
Step 4: Connect your iPad to computer and wait for it to sync.
Step 5: Click “Files > Devices > Transfer Purchases” to transfer the purchased songs to iTunes.
02 For Playlist + Non-Purchased & Purchased Songs
If you have non-purchased songs on your iPad, iTunes is not available to transfer them to iTunes. Fortunately, you have iMyFone TunesMate as your choice. It is a professional iOS data which supports to transfer all songs from iPad to iTunes. It is not limited to only the purchased songs. Besides, you can also transfer the playlist to iTunes as well.
All your transferred music files would be exported from your iDevice to your iTunes without compromising on quality or time. It has a more user-friendly interface than iTunes’. You can follow its instructions very easily.
Follow these steps in order to successfully transfer songs from your iPad to iTunes library:
1. Connect iPad to TunesMate
Connect your iPad to computer with USB cable and open TunesMate.
2. Select songs and playlist to transfer
Go to “Music” tab at the top. On the left-side menu, there list different media types and playlists.
(1) If you just want to transfer songs from iPad to iTunes, go to “Music” on the left. Select the songs and hit “Export > Export to iTunes”.
(2) If you wish to transfer songs and playlist, right click on the specific playlist and choose “Export to iTunes”. Or you can enter the specific playlist, select some songs and click “Export > Export to iTunes”.
However, that’s not what TunesMate can do for iPad music only. TunesMate does a lot more to manage or transfer your iPad music or iTunes music.
- It lets you edit the songs as you like.
- It lets you transfer iTunes music to your iOS device. So it is possible to make your iPad have the songs from other devices.
- It lets you add songs to your iPad from different computers.
- It lets you back up your iPad songs to computer to avoid loss.
Why Choose TunesMate instead of iTunes?
|It only supports one-way access that you can transfer files from device to iTunes/computer.||It supports two-way transfer so you can transfer songs or other media files between iOS devices and iTunes/computer.|
|It can support at large 5 iOS devices.||It supports unlimited iOS devices.|
|When transferring, the new files will cover the current data.||It will not cover the original data when transferring.|
|Its interface is much less user-friendly.||Its interface is very user-friendly.|
|It is more complicated to use for new users.||It offers easy-to-use process.|