Unfortunately, there are many limits to using iTunes to transfer files from your PC to your iPhone, or between any other devices.
- Syncing iTunes library to iPhone will delete the previous data on iPhone as well.
- An iPhone can be synced to one iTunes library at the same time. Or your iPhone will be erased.
- iTunes cannot transfer files directly from PC to iPhone, but need to go through iTunes library.
- iTunes cannot extract files from iPhone.
- Only 5 devices can be linked to the same iTunes.
Apple likes to restrict how many devices you can use and what kind of files you can transfer. Thankfully, there are some better ways.
How to Transfer Files from PC to iPhone without iTunes
You can use alternate methods to transfer files. Here are a few:
- 1. PC to iPhone iOS 11 File Transfer without iTunes - Easy & No Limits
- 2. Transfer Files from PC to iPhone iOS 11 Using Email - Internet & Limited
- 3. Copy Files from PC to iPhone iOS 11 without iTunes but Dropbox - Internet & Limited
- 4. Transfer Files from PC to iPhone iOS 11 Using Mediamonkey - Limited
1. PC to iPhone iOS 11 File Transfer without iTunes
Did you know that there is an application called iMyFone TunesMate iOS Transfer that you can install on your PC and that can break through the limits of iTunes? It will give you back control over your iTunes library and your devices.
- Transfer to/from iPhone: Transfer files to iPhone from iTunes, PC, USB drive; Extract files from iPhone for backup and restore backups anytime.
- Transfer to/from iTunes: Enrich your iTunes library from unlimited iDevices; Sync iTunes library to iPhone without any data loss.
- Manage Playlists: Take full control of your music playlists by creating, renaming, adding new music, importing, exporting, etc.
- A perfect alternative to iTunes and requires no iTunes syncing - Geekreply, tricksworldzz.com, etc.
Steps to Transfer Files Directly from PC to iPhone iOS 11 without iTunes
Step 1. Download and TunesMate from the website and install in on your computer. Plug in your iPhone, then open TunesMate.
Step 2. You can choose which file type you want to transfer from the top menu, like Videos tab.
Step 3. Click where it says Add > Add File and browse the videos or movies on your PC. Once selected, click Open to start the transferring process.
As you can see, it is very easy. In no time at all, your files are transferred to your computer to your iPhone with zero hassle. TunesMate will also convert file formats automatically so that they are usable on your iPhone.
2. Transfer Files from PC to iPhone iOS 11 Using Email
Step 1. Open up your browser and go to your e-mail account.
Step 2. Compose a new e-mail and make yourself the recipient.
Step 3. Upload the file you want to transfer as an attachment, then send the e-mail.
Step 4. Go on your iPhone, sign into your e-mail account and download the attachment.
As you can see, it’s simple, but there are a few limitations.
- For one, most web e-mail services put a limit on how big the files are or how many you can transfer.
- In addition, if the file is not supported by your iPhone, your e-mail service will not convert the file automatically like TunesMate.
- When you need to open the file, you need to go to the e-mail again. The downloaded files won’t be added into the specific built-in apps on iPhone.
3. Copy Files from PC to iPhone iOS 11 without iTunes but Dropbox
Dropbox is a useful cloud service. To transfer your files using Dropbox, try this:
Step 1. Sign into Dropbox from your browser. Upload the file that you want to transfer.
Step 2. Install the Dropbox app to your iPhone if you haven’t already. Sign in.
Step 3. Download the file to your iPhone from Dropbox.
This method is similar to the e-mail method, except of course you can transfer more files, and Dropbox will also tolerate files of a larger size.
- Some of the downsides however are that you have to have an Internet connection to do this (as with e-mail), and there are limits to the amount of files that you can upload to Dropbox without paying.
- It’s also requires several steps (uploading, installing app and then downloading), instead of the easy one-step method.
- The downloaded files won’t be added info the specific apps on iPhone. You need to go through Dropbox to access the files.
4. Transfer Files from PC to iPhone iOS 11 Using Mediamonkey
You can also use a tool like mediamonkey to transfer files. Here’s how:
Step 1. Download MediaMonkey, then install it on your PC.
Step 2. Open MediaMonkey. Go to File > Add/Rescan Tracks to the Library
Step 3. Browse for the files that you want to transfer when the file browser window comes up.
Step 4. When you’re in the folder where the files are, click OK, and now the contents of the folder should be in the program library.
Step 5. Connect your iPhone to your computer.
Step 6. In the MediaMonkey application, an icon for your device should come up. Click it.
Step 7. MediaMonkey should start transferring the files. It will tell you when it’s done.
There are also some limitations to MediaMonkey, though.
- For one, you can’t really choose individual files to transfer like you can with TunesMate.
- Also, it won’t automatically convert files to an iOS-compatible format, so you’ll have to choose only files that work with iPhone.
- It can’t work for Mac.